Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Signature Sizes: PLEASE READ!!!!

42K views 195 replies 67 participants last post by  Cute Chloe 
#1 ·
I know we all love each others signatures and I encourage everyone to have one but i have been paying more attention to them and asking some to change them or i have changed them as some are getting very big. I do not want to put ALOT of limits on them but some are very large and for people who have lower resolution screens they may even have to scroll left to right to read a post.

SO! please try to follow these guidelines , and for now these are just that, guidelines

1. try to keep sig pics to 600 pixels wide or less (all pics combined)

2. try to keep sig pics to 300 pixels tall or less (all pics combined)

3. try to limit your sig to 3 pics max

4. try to limit your tickers to 2 or less (maybe 3 if you dont have large pics)

5. animated sig pics are ok but please try to reduce them so they load fast

6. try to keep it at 1 animated pic per sig

7. no links to your store unless you are a paid vendor

8. please only use font size 4 or below in additional text

this will help users from having to scroll left to right and will help with load times of the page for those on dial up, also if you dont care about seeing the sigs you can turn them off in your userCP

Please do not get upset if I resize the pic myself, generaly i will try to ask but if its very large I may do it to help other users from having to scroll, also sometimes a user may not sign on in a few days, read my PM or dont use the email address they signed up with

any questions or suggestions, please post them in this thread

thanks everyone,

Joe

See less See more
#28 ·
Ok Debbie, explain this to me please. You are saying 700 total. My siggy is 300 x 300. So what's my total, 90000?
I know that can't be right, so please straighten me out here. Do you guys think my siggy is too large? I have no problem making it smaller.[/B]

Your siggy is PERFECT!!! I meant 700 combined dimensions. That probably doesn't make any sense, does it?
[/B]

Oh, so you mean adding the two, I was multiplying.

#33 ·
Joe's asking for 600 X 600, but I'm thinking that is too big. Maybe 700 total?[/B]

hmmm, where did i come up with 600 x 600
i would like to see them no more than 600 wide X 300 tall preferrably, but this as my initial post are "guidelines" , hoping members police themselves, but i may have to implement stronger rules

#34 ·
Joe's asking for 600 X 600, but I'm thinking that is too big. Maybe 700 total?[/B]

hmmm, where did i come up with 600 x 600
i would like to see them no more than 600 wide X 300 tall preferrably, but this as my initial post are "guidelines" , hoping members police themselves, but i may have to implement stronger rules
[/B]
Yes!! 600 wide and 300 tall. Less scrolling to the next post

I love seeing the pics of all the babies, but, as I've said, it's not fair to the OP when the entire thread is nothing but HUGE pics in siggies. That's what the "Post Pictures" area is for.

#35 ·
i think a good size/shape for them is similar to the ones used by charmypoo, 3maltmom, brit's new one (love it!), etc. the longer horizontal ones.

it's the ones where i get a bigger-than-lifesize pic of a (needless to say beautiful!) malt's face that takes up an entire screen and i have to scroll down 3-4 times to get thru someone's entire signature. those are the ones that make me give up on threads LOL. i hate to read the board as a guest and miss out on pics, too!

the buttercup has no signature pic, lol, she and i dont want to cause others to skip threads

my two cents. on sale today for the low low price of free!
ann marie and the "someone get her some chocolate!" buttercup

#38 ·
I would really like to make mine smaller but Lady Montava was sweet enough to make it for me and I don't know how to "shrink" it..Joe please feel free to do so if you have time. Thx.

#42 ·
For those who don't like a lot of scrolling, one thing that will help is to not have so much space within a post... like double lines between paragraphs and lots of space at the end of a post before the siggy starts and lots of space between the quoted area and the post. Getting rid of extra white space will help, too, I think.

#43 ·
Samulette, your siggie is wonderful now! You're the best. Thank you for understanding. And you didn't do anything wrong, really.

Of course all the dogs and siggies are great to see it's just as others have said, it IS after all a signature, our identity in a sense, our closing and it's so much more effective when they're in balance, a sign off instead of looking like an entire post.

I'm going to resize mine too later--it's really too large and I think it's boring after a while, same image, too big like it is.

#46 ·
Hey I just thought
of something what about the poor people who have more than one or two dogs, you know like having five or 6
we wanna show off. 600 wide X 300 is squeezing my poor pups lol. All joking aside if in the future anyone has a problem with anything I do here PLEASE
let me know so I can fix it.
This is a great site with great people and I want to be a good member

#47 ·
Hey I just thought
of something what about the poor people who have more than one or two dogs, you know like having five or 6
we wanna show off. 600 wide X 300 is squeezing my poor pups lol. All joking aside if in the future anyone has a problem with anything I do here PLEASE
let me know so I can fix it.
This is a great site with great people and I want to be a good member
[/B]
Your siggy is only 450x299 so you're A-OK!

#51 ·
Okay mine is smaller now!
ANDREA~ 319 x 299[/B]

Looks great Andrea!
But I have a question. You see how I quoted you, Andrea? Why is there so much space between the quote and what I am posting? I see others quote and there isn't that much space between the quote and the new post.
[/B]
Oh lord Robin, you are asking the wrong person, me

LOL, I have no clue as to why! Maybe someone else does?

ANDREA~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.