I adopted puppy mill rescued Maltese - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I adopted puppy mill rescued Maltese

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve wanted a Maltese for quite a while now, almost a year. My former husband had to have our 6-weeks-shy of 16 years old Dachshund put down. While I loved that dog very much, he was very rambunctious and stubborn. Before he was put down, I became a little bit acquainted with someone who had a cream colored female Maltipoo, and she was such a good dog. I kind of took a liking to the Maltese. After researching the breed, I determined that it would probably be a good fit for me. Unfortunately, because of my divorce, I had a little less of everything, including money, and it is nearly impossible to find a purebred Maltese puppy for less than $1000. So I looked into adopting and came across an ad for a female Maltese about two and a half hours away.
Her estimated age is 5 years, and she is a purebred Maltese who was caged all her life in a puppy mill and was saved from being euthanized. Her adoption fee included spaying, microchipping, and up to date shots. I took her to my veterinarian, who said she was healthy except that she did have some dental disease and her teeth need a cleaning. She weighs 7 pounds, the veterinarian could feel her ribs but they couldn’t be seen, so she could maybe stand to gain a half pound. She was poorly socialized with humans and not housebroken, but she is SUCH A SWEET dog. She was terrified at first but warmed up to me quickly. She now loves me, trusts me and sits on my lap for more than an hour. All she ever needed and wanted was just love, and she’s got that now. I’m still working on potty training her with pee pads, because she’s terrified of outdoors and walking in grass. Please pray for her and for a successful rehabilitation so that she can have the life she was meant to have all along. Thank you.
crazylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Bless you! and that precious little girl!
What a wonderful story of love for both of you. I look forward to getting to know both of you. She was meant to be your pup.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

What a beautiful sweet story. I can only imagine the love this little pup is going to have for you over time. Thank you for people like you...Peace, Sandra Zoey's mom
sanlyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement