Before and after pics of my puppy mill rescue - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Thank you for giving Sugarplum a life.
She is absolutely adorable
She's most likely fearful of everyone, who knows what she went through
She is going to be such a joy to you, I believe God lead you to her.
I will be watching for a update on her, she has touched my heart

Old 01-07-2020, 10:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thank you Matilda’s mommy, I believe God led me to her also. As I mentioned in my other introduction post, I couldn’t afford a new puppy, so I decided to adopt. And I can tell she will be a really good dog when she is better socialized and pad trained. I suppose one positive thing about a puppy mill dog vs. a new puppy is that the puppy mill dog isn’t curious and doesn’t cause mischief or chew things. She was meant for me. 💕
crazylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jane and addison
Dog's Name: tinkerbelle and Petey

Welcome to SM. Both of mine are rescues.
jane and addison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Thank you SO much for adopting. She will reward you a thousand fold for giving her a safe loving place to land and becoming her family. I do Maltese rescue and we've had dogs come into us from every type of condition. It takes a while as they grow to trust us and baby steps are good. Just make sure that people who come to see her do get all riled up and say "Oh look at this puppy!! Oh come here. What a cute....yada yada." It scares them. Calm and almost ignoring her until she checks them out and feels comfortable. When I bring in new dogs I use the ex pen or Iris pen at first. I equate it to a child being brought into FAOSchwarz...it's overwhelming esp if they came from a mill or a shelter or an abusive home. They have enough room in the pen, they learn NLIF (nothing in life is free) good behavior will make good things happen and they find out when they learn where to pee that they earn more freedom. I let them out after they've gone on the pad...I want to set them up for success not failure. Can't wait to see Sugarplum grow up. Love her name
Old 01-08-2020, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks snowbody, she is getting better every day. She will be a GREAT dog once she is pad trained and better socialized. She always stays on my lap for a long time, and that is when I have let others try to pet her. A couple of times she was nervous, but she didn’t try to get away or become aggressive. As a matter of fact I have never seen her get aggressive at all, despite what she’s been through, even when she’s put up a fight when I tried to get the matts out of her and clean her ears, but she was extremely squirmy. That’s the nice thing about the Maltese, I hear they are a very gentle breed that usually likes most people and most other animals.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey

She might surprise you after she settles in! When I first adopted Zooey, she didn't play with toys at all. I had to ship her off to my mom's house while I was working for a week and lo and behold, she started playing with plush toys and retrieving! I couldn't believe it. It took 3 weeks for her to feel comfortable enough to show her true colors.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Wow that’s encouraging. She’s doing really really well. I was wondering how I could introduce her to some toys. You know, the sweetest thing happened yesterday: she was sitting on my lap yesterday and I was playing some soft instrumental music (it was actually called separation anxiety dog music on YouTube) It did relax her and she nearly dozed off, then they changed the tune of the music and then there was the sound of birds chirping, and her head and ears perked up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement