Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

New member!

19K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  dr.jaimie 
#1 ·
I'm Elly, and my Maltese is named Nick. His birthday is May 1, and I got him July 9, 2006. I have a couple of pictures I'll post, but they were taken with my phone camera and are very mediocre. I just got him a new cut so he doesn't look much like this anymore anyway! I'll post some more pictures of him as I get them.

My apartment is small, so Nick and I go on a lot of walks and we meet a lot of people, dogs, and children. I took him to a puppy class at the local trainer, and while he (and I) didn't really LEARN so much, it got him really used to other dogs and people. He's never met a stranger! Everyone tells me all the time, 'he's so cute' or 'he's so friendly'. If he's permitted to wallow in your ankles, he will, friend or stranger.

He is generally pretty disinterested in toys. He has a frog with a crinkly-sounding filling inside that he likes, and he has a plushy 'grinch' that he plays with a lot too. (I think it's actually a frog, but my boyfriend and I call it the grinch to differentiate it from the crinkly frog.) His favorite toy to date has been one of the rings from the top of a milk jug. I knew cats loved those, but my jaw hit the floor when I saw him throwing it around and catching it and chasing it!! I watched him like a hawk and threw it away when he got tired of it, though - that's the sort of thing he might eat.

Nick loves ears and noses (you might have a treat hidden in there, he's gotta investigate!!). His tummy is very delicate, all sorts of things make him sick. Fortunately, the things he likes (and that like him) are Purina puppy food and Milk Bones, so it's not like he's hard to keep in his delicacies of choice.

I know I'm supposed to tell you all about my puppy, but there's so much and it's so disjointed that it's hard to decide what to say and what not to say. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and sharing the experience of my new friend with all of you and yours!

See less See more
#9 ·
Nick is a very cute Maltese. You will love it here.

#21 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.