Entire body and face trimming groom of DOLCE ++ Morning Brush Out + Grooming Goodies - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hedy
Default Entire body and face trimming groom of DOLCE ++ Morning Brush Out + Grooming Goodies

3 Videos I believe I haven't shared here yet...maybe others, can't remember

We've had a chaotic few weeks. We did a bunch of video shoots and then my computer was so full that I couldn't even upload ONE SINGLE picture onto it.

soooo...I had a nice week of no grooming and shopping around the neighborhoods...course shopping = only for doggie stuff -- i haven't bought a stitch of clothing nor shoes for over a year now...

Then my hand got crushed rendering me incapable of anything...ya'll know my dogs went on food strike...naughty little ones...and they enjoyed a NICE hungry vacation off of the grooming table too...NO EATING and NO GROOMING...weird...

I finally did a little video shoot yesterday...i can't scissor right now cuz I HAVE a DUMB THUMB..but we had fun just showing DOLCE's morning routine and a few Grooming Goodies

At the end of the video we play a game of FETCH with Toothbrushes ~~~ PINKY is so cute as she pops out under the couch ~~ tries to steal the brush away from DOLCE ~~ and pops out for a CAMEO appearance around the coffee table

Dolce Daily Brushing Routine - July Grooming Goodies - Dolce Flip Topknot, Tear Stain cleaning, brushing, teeth brushing | Maltese Obsession

I don't think I posted DOLCE"S full groom that we video taped.
Part 1 is the body clipping
Part 2 is the body finish and face trimming
...and we try to add a little fun out-takes at the end of each video....this is geared towards beginning home groomers...so the instructions may seem diff then what a pro would do...fyi...

Maltese Summer Clip using Wahl Bravura and Polar Bear Face Trim | Maltese Obsession

I get so many emails asking about where to buy stuff that I Sourced the items ...as best i could...on the blog

I need opinions about what to do about Dolce == I wonder if I should trim her ears and keep her face rounded OR try and grow the ears long??? == for some reason i feel like she is too little to carry long ears === but then she has the BEST fur to carry a long eared Korean style cut...argh...the ears...what to do
Attached Thumbnails
Entire body and face trimming groom of DOLCE ++ Morning Brush Out + Grooming Goodies-dsc_0913.jpg   Entire body and face trimming groom of DOLCE ++ Morning Brush Out + Grooming Goodies-dsc_0795.jpg   Entire body and face trimming groom of DOLCE ++ Morning Brush Out + Grooming Goodies-dsc_0867.jpg  

Maltese Obsession FB Page
https://www.facebook.com/malteseobsession
Maltese Obsession Blog/Vlog MalteseObsession.com
MalteseObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey

I must say, your dogs have quite the life, Hedy! Your videos are so fun to watch.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jane and addison
Dog's Name: tinkerbelle and Petey

So beautiful.
jane and addison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Cody

So beautiful all this with a hurt hand? I love that cut!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Ann Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Love the video.
I have use Pure Paws for many years and do need to buy some more. I have the Ultra Shine Conditioner Spray and I don't use it because I find that when I spray Rylee with anything she turns into a dust mop and all things stick to her. I also do not like the scent. It is so dry here that Static Guard on her body. I can get away with doing this because she is not going to lick any part of her body and the hair stays put much better with Static Guard I don't like that scent either but it does go away very quickly.
It has been a while since I have needed to buy anything and at the time I all the conditioner needs to be heated. I have no idea if this is still the case. The product I had needed to be heated in order to work.
I have you ever done a video of your grooming area? I would love to see how you are set up.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks ladies.

Deborah -- yes the scent is truly a preference thing. I did a groom recently and it was a silky terrier. The dog's mom preferred the scent of the PP Silk Basics Conditioning spray to the PP Shine Ultra. She loved the entire PP SILK on her dog. They went home very happy, as I packed them with a bag of Pure Paws goodies so mom could bathe their dog the same way at their house.

I haven't shown the entire grooming area, but most of it is pretty visible in the videos. Just the trash can and Kool pup are under the table.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Louie, Nola and Dallas

Hedy - you've inspired me! Your girls are just so beautiful. Ordered most of the big ticket items to do the grooming myself. Groomer recommended Metro Air Force Commander Dryer 2 Speed but reviews were that it was noisy - so I think I'll splurge and get the Kool pup.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Mom View Post
Hedy - you've inspired me! Your girls are just so beautiful. Ordered most of the big ticket items to do the grooming myself. Groomer recommended Metro Air Force Commander Dryer 2 Speed but reviews were that it was noisy - so I think I'll splurge and get the Kool pup.
Donna that Metro Force is Screaming Loud = I have a version of it and the tank is clumpsy and get's really hot and that cord is super short and and and and...well the Kool Pup is 25% off so....What COLOR You getting!?!!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Louie, Nola and Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by malteseobsessed View Post
donna that metro force is screaming loud = i have a version of it and the tank is clumpsy and get's really hot and that cord is super short and and and and...well the kool pup is 25% off so....what color you getting!?!!
purple!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Alexandra
Dog's Name: Ullana

Thanks for sharing these great grooming videos, Hedy!

I like watching them to catch up with new idea's and hint's for grooming as I also do it at home.

Your baby is so sweet and I'm really impressed how easily you can brush her teeth!

Alexandra

My lovely girls Ullana & Vanessa!

Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement