Distilled Water - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marina
Dog's Name: Jeep
Default Tear Stains

I called my old veterinary clinic today. I inquired as to wether anyone of the vets would flush a tear duct in a Maltese. They said, ďYESĒ. So I made an appointment for Jeep the same day he is to be groomed. Office visit with exam is $55. Thatís going to save me a 2 hour one way trip to Nashville. Jeepís stain this morning wasnít bad compared to the past 6 weeks. I put more Vitamin C on the stain this morning and it doesnít seen to be draining as bad. Maybe the Neomycin has helped some. It still looks pretty good this afternoon as far as fresh stains go.
Jeep's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elaine
Dog's Name: Dixie (TNT's Sophia's Summer Dream Come [email protected], Molly Joanna & Juice (CH TNT's Queen if Hearts)

I am now using distilled water per Vet instructions. This is due to kidney stones etc. My girls got used to it and will drink it
I have never had staining problems with Molly. Juice was badly stained when we got her at 5/1/2 years old but They soon disappeared with food change and using DerMagic shampoo products.
So don’t worry about distilled water use.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Distilled Water

Our internet had been down most of the day. I canít find the comment or picture of the Bausch and Lomb contact cleaner bottle that was on this tread for tear stains. And I donít recall who sent it. My husband is going shopping tomorrow and he was going to get a bottle of it. Does anyone know who sent the comment? I think there was a specific type of Bausch and Lomb on the label.
The vitamin C has been a good bandaid for the stain the past two days. He has an appointment at my old veterinary clinic on the 10th. They said they could flush his duct. I just have to pay for another exam:angry But the appointment is minutes after I get him back from the groomer, so Iím sure it will mess his fluffy, clean face up if they flush it the same day.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare View Post
Our internet had been down most of the day. I canít find the comment or picture of the Bausch and Lomb contact cleaner bottle that was on this tread for tear stains. And I donít recall who sent it. My husband is going shopping tomorrow and he was going to get a bottle of it. Does anyone know who sent the comment? I think there was a specific type of Bausch and Lomb on the label.
The vitamin C has been a good bandaid for the stain the past two days. He has an appointment at my old veterinary clinic on the 10th. They said they could flush his duct. I just have to pay for another exam:angry But the appointment is minutes after I get him back from the groomer, so Iím sure it will mess his fluffy, clean face up if they flush it the same day.
https://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/98-...ar-stains.html
Old 05-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ginny
Dog's Name: Ty,Zoey,Cosette and Sophie (at the Rainbow Bridge)

I use a PUR water filter, it takes out minerals like magnesium and iron but leaves electrolytes.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lainie
Dog's Name: Whisper (Whispy)

God bless you for taking such good care of Jeep. He certainly had many trials to overcome early on.

My Whispy is a rescue and he's had a few trials. I noticed tear staining when he was almost 2.

The vet suggested OcuBrite which I gave him. His tear staining did clear up, but then the vet said it was suspected that it contained an antibiotic. This hadn't been reported on the bottle. So my choice if I wanted to continue you him on it. I chose not to and luckily the tear staining hasn't returned.

I actually don't mind the staining, but I do mind that the Whispy's eyes always looked wet. Had to be uncomfortable as he used to rub his eyes. Now that his eyes are no longer tearing, he's also no longer rubbing his eyes.

Lainie and Whispy
Happinesstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Tear Stains

Thanks Ginny. Since I started using the Spring water Iíve seen an improvement in the drainage. But Iím still going to follow up with the vet that will flush the duct if she thinks it is necessary.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Tear Stains

Thank you Happinesstogo. I have received so many helpful suggestions, and I appreciate everyoneís help. I know Iím not alone with this aggravating issue. I have always searched for rescues needing a home. There are so many out there. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of purebred dogs of all breeds in shelters and rescue groups. But sadly there just arenít enough people like you and I to take them in. Purebred or mutt.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:47 AM   #29 (permalink)

Name: Momo
Dog's Name: Cici

I just switched to Brita-filtered water from tap water. I have soft tap water. I'm hoping that helps with the tears stains...
maltesebouncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement