Help identifying coat type? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

Name: Ainsley
Dog's Name: Chiffon

Yeah plastic seems too hard! I've heard Nylabone is good for puppies? I think that's the brand my family used for our Pomeranian puppy I had growing up.

Did Lisi's teeth come in at a normal rate? Or did they take longer to come in since she's smaller?
Ainsley is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 08:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Please do not give your Dogs or Puppies any Nylabone products. The ones that can be especially harmful are the resin ones as they tend to do great harm to their stomachs and cause a great deal of harm. There are articles if you search Nylabone.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Omg I had no idea! Thank you so much, I will definitely steer clear of Nylabone!

Old 11-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainsley View Post
Yeah plastic seems too hard! I've heard Nylabone is good for puppies? I think that's the brand my family used for our Pomeranian puppy I had growing up.

Did Lisi's teeth come in at a normal rate? Or did they take longer to come in since she's smaller?
Very normal rate! I had her baby teeth removed about 10 months of age as she had 2 sets of teeth in her mouth. She has only had one tooth pulled that grew in funny & was touching her gums on the bottom. She also lost one of her teeth probably chewing on a Churpi Chew. Kitzel lost one or two that way too.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Very normal rate! I had her baby teeth removed about 10 months of age as she had 2 sets of teeth in her mouth. She has only had one tooth pulled that grew in funny & was touching her gums on the bottom. She also lost one of her teeth probably chewing on a Churpi Chew. Kitzel lost one or two that way too.
Oh okay that's good to know! Thanks for the info! My friend's teacup yorkie had the double set of teeth going on too, the "shark teeth" thing haha. I guess it's common for smaller dogs!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Yes, maltese & teeth are always interesting---we just had the baby teeth removed when Lisi was spayed & Kitzel got his out when he was neutered. He is bigger than Lisi but he had to have more removed---she has a very tiny mouth & teeny tiny teeth. I have to bug the smalles kibble possible---but she doesn't get much kibble at all.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

Default Have you seen puppy in person

When I was searching for my Kenzi, I found 3 or 4 scammers offering puppies. I Reversee searched photos....discovered some photos taken in UK and some in Taiwan yet supposed Virginia and Florida breeders. One said she was in military and being transferred to Maine and would have to deliver by airplane shipping as was being transferred in 3 days. After I told her I was in New Hampshire and close to Maine, I never heard from her again. Her name also didnít show on the active military website. I work in a law office and always search that website as cannot serve civil legal process on active military...at least for the type of cases I work with. She wanted me to send money for purchase and for airfare...the puppy was 4 months old yet the exact 4 pictures I had found using reversee were taken nearly 2 years prior.
KenziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Default Dog picture on website tatertot also offered by 2 other breeders

This pic is on tatertot website as well as on 2 other non related websites....SCAMMER ALERT.

Name:  1D6EA2AE-08AA-4AB9-B03C-109D4AFE21E2.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  15.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB009608-7630-452D-AE64-CA8D98B8700B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	258630

Use a breeder near you so that you may visit. Reputable breeders often want to check out the new owner as well and, therefore, require an in-person ahead of time.
KenziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #29 (permalink)

Name: Gayle
Dog's Name: Lexi & Bella~Will is waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge

This thread makes me so sad. Have not been on here for a long time but when I saw “puppy mill” l just had to respond. We adopted our Lexi three years ago. We live in Ohio~right in the middle of the awful Amish puppy mills. She was pulled by a rescue after the Amish were finished with her and took her to be euthanized. She is my baby, wonderful companion, and I still tear up when I imagine the life she lived. She was so scared of everyone and everything. We did not know her history but she was fully potty trained and her our groomer commented on how she could tell that Lexi was used to being groomed. Our groomer and our vet both agreed that she had most likely been used as the “model” for pictures to advertise their puppies. She has frequent ear infections caused a deformed ear canal (because a previous bad infection was never treated), she still does not know what a a toy is for (despite our purchasing many), but she is healthy and happy (as long as I am no more than 12 inches away from her). She is my 8.5 pound 5year old PRINCESS. I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE PUPPY MILLS!!!

ďA dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.Ē Josh Billings
Nena2KK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenziB View Post
This pic is on tatertot website as well as on 2 other non related websites....SCAMMER ALERT.

Attachment 258628

Attachment 258630

Use a breeder near you so that you may visit. Reputable breeders often want to check out the new owner as well and, therefore, require an in-person ahead of time.
I looked at both of those facebook pages and couldn't find that photo anywhere. I also did a reverse image search for all the photos of my puppy and they all came up with zero results. I was given a video of my puppy showing off her face and I then asked them for an additional video and requested that she be walking around/playing and they sent me a new custom video the next day that met my request. I could clearly see that it was the same puppy as the first video and was in the same location. I did look at breeders in my area, but none of them had the smaller Korean "teacup" look that I was after.

@Nena2KK I'm so sorry that your little one had such a rough past and I'm so happy that she's thriving with you now! However, I do not believe this is a puppy mill. I believe she is a home breeder and she has been very communicative and hands-on about educating me on the special care that these tiny puppies require. I don't think people who run puppy mills are that concerned about communicating with or educating their clients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement