Help identifying coat type? - Page 6 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2019, 12:29 AM   #51 (permalink)

Name: Ainsley
Dog's Name: Chiffon

Thank you Elisabeth and Sandi. <3

@Kayanne, The breeder (or broker/dealer/middleman/etc) knows where the dog is, I haven't explicitly asked, I am assuming the dog is in Korea.

Basically, I had originally found a Florida breeder and put in a deposit for an upcoming litter she had due in December. I then saw videos of the parents (I put in a deposit upon only seeing pictures of the parents) and realized they were a bit bigger than I thought. The breeder has a youtube channel with videos of her previous puppies/dogs, and there was a video of a precious full grown Maltese that was tiny and so I sent her the link to the video and asked if she would be having any puppies that would be closer to that size full grown soon. She then said that her breeder friend used one of her dogs as a stud and so she was able to choose a puppy from that litter to sell as like "payment" for her friend using her dog as the stud. The puppy was much smaller and the parents were smaller so she assured me it would be closer to the size of the dog in the video. I assumed that this was another local Florida breeder since she claimed her dog was used as the stud.
However, I now realize that this is in fact not another local breeder and is most likely a dog from a Korean breeder. I feel awful if this is in fact a puppy mill that I have unknowingly supported, but I'm hoping that she's being kept in nice conditions. I believe she is, since they are taking special care to not take her from her mother too soon and not have her fly while she is still so small.

I do also want to add that I truly love and adore animals and care very much about their health and wellbeing. In fact, I am vegan for this fact and am always advocating for animal welfare. I thought I had done enough research going into the puppy buying process, but clearly there were some red flags that I missed. I am taking as many precautions as I can from this point forward to insure I can care for this little fur baby in the best way possible and am going to be extra cautious about her health since she is so tiny and fragile.
Ainsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #52 (permalink)

Hi Ainsley, I think I understand what you're saying now, which is that the person you've been talking with says she is a breeder, but not the breeder of the puppy you're getting, which is most likely coming from Korea.
At any rate, I do wish you luck with this little puppy and I hope all goes smoothly and happily.
kayanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:56 PM   #53 (permalink)

Name: Ainsley
Dog's Name: Chiffon

@Kayanne Yes exactly, kind of a confusing story to follow haha! Thank you so much, I hope so too!
Ainsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement