Tear Stain Progress!! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tear Stain Progress!!

Finally I feel like I have won the battle! Ollie’s tear stains have really cleared up. Only old stains remain and those should disappear as he continues to get groomed. Such a difference from where he was 6 months ago!
Attached Thumbnails
Tear Stain Progress!!-a8a7dd47-8450-4ff8-a892-1af30762afae_1580657991513.jpg   Tear Stain Progress!!-1b5f6570-71ca-4aa7-acf0-f6b00a82a5a1_1580658042833.jpg   Tear Stain Progress!!-965e294e-c556-44d2-85ed-77543c13822c_1580658089654.jpg  
Melitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Jan
Dog's Name: Bardie

Ollie looks wonderful!! Congrats on beating those tear stains. My Bardie is 7 months old and I'm still dealing with some tear staining. He still seems to be teething somewhat even though he's now lost all of his baby teeth. I've been washing his face every night plus I use cornstarch a few times a week. Since it's not a big problem I'm hoping it will stop soon.
Janlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janlee View Post
Ollie looks wonderful!! Congrats on beating those tear stains. My Bardie is 7 months old and I'm still dealing with some tear staining. He still seems to be teething somewhat even though he's now lost all of his baby teeth. I've been washing his face every night plus I use cornstarch a few times a week. Since it's not a big problem I'm hoping it will stop soon.

Ollie’s tear stain started improving around the time he turned 12 months old. So the same may happen for your Bardie.

Old 02-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

What did you use?
My Belle’s just about to turn four months old and she visited her groomer for the first time today. I’ll be taking her every second week to him and bathing her at home every week that she isn’t scheduled with him.
He suggested that in a couple of months he could bleach her hair (where the tear stains are), but I’m not convinced on whether I want to do that... it sounds really harsh but he said that a lot of show dogs did it...
Buddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy2000 View Post
What did you use?
My Belle’s just about to turn four months old and she visited her groomer for the first time today. I’ll be taking her every second week to him and bathing her at home every week that she isn’t scheduled with him.
He suggested that in a couple of months he could bleach her hair (where the tear stains are), but I’m not convinced on whether I want to do that... it sounds really harsh but he said that a lot of show dogs did it...
Well the only thing I did different was use a new probiotic, link below. Someone on this site had said their vet had recommended using it. Other than that it may be him just getting older and him no longer teething. Either way I still continue to use the probiotic.

https://www.chewy.com/purina-pro-plan-veterinary-diets/dp/50029?$3p=e_sg&$original_url=https://www.chewy.com/dp/50029?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transactional&ut m_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_campaign=OrderCon firmation&utm_medium=email&_branch_match_id=332596 978109644448&utm_source=transactional
Old 02-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lainie
Dog's Name: Whisper (Whispy)

Perfection!

Lainie
Happinesstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow!!! Looks great...what a beauty!
BenjiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paulann
Dog's Name: Abella (6 yrs old)

I thought Ollie was a cutie even with the tear staining........but now he's even cuter!
Tear staining can be such a challenge finding what works for your fluff.
So glad you found out what works for Ollie.