Every day top knot pictorial - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks JMM.

I bought the paper awhile ago and Ijust couldn't figure out how to use them exactly. When I get home today I will work on Maya's top knot.

ilove_d&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

Yes, the paper covers the hair.

I would get the small, light weight bands from dog-bows.com. It will make a lot of difference in the top knot holding up.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

wow. You made it look so easy!
ButterCloudandNoriko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thank you so much for this tutorial. You are an amazing Guru to have......I bow to you and your genuis . Your threads have been extremely helpful to this first time Malt Mum, so thanks. Everyone elses threads are great too, you just seem to go the extra mile to let us know how to do these things for out furbabies, without seeming silly
westiemaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to msmagnolia

Jackie,
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been waiting for a tutorial like this. One thing that I've had trouble gauging is how much of the hair between their eyes goes up in the top knot. I've been going straight across the bridge of the nose, but it looks like you have a section that goes down to a point - sort of a "V" shape. Also, do you go straight across the back of the hair (between the ears), or is it more rounded? I can never decide which hair goes in the top knot. I haven't been using the papers, but use the light weight pink bands (from lainee) directly in the hair. Then I cut them out at night and brush out the top knot. Will they break the hair, or are they pretty gentle?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

If I did top-knots that would be SO helpful...
I keep looking at the pictures of the oh-so-patient model and laughing!
Mine would NEVER!
Brinkley & Neyland's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I really recommend using the stretchy silicone bands as they don't catch any of the hair. I can actually take them out without any problem. They slide right out of the hair and don't get caught. I bought a box of 75 for $2.99 at Walgreens. They come in multi-color or black. I purchased the smallest size, which are about as wide around as my little finger. They can easily stretch between my forefinger and thumb and shrink right back down to size. I wrap it around the hair three times. I could do it tighter, but it is definitely tight enough.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

You are amazing ... Thank you , Thank you
Chelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 14 2005, 04:05 PM
Jackie,
Thank you, thank you, thank you.* I've been waiting for a tutorial like this.* One thing that I've had trouble gauging is how much of the hair between their eyes goes up in the top knot.* I've been going straight across the bridge of the nose, but it looks like you have a section that goes down to a point - sort of a "V" shape.* Also, do you go straight across the back of the hair (between the ears), or is it more rounded?* I can never decide which hair goes in the top knot.* I haven't been using the papers, but use the light weight pink bands (from lainee) directly in the hair.* Then I cut them out at night and brush out the top knot.* Will they break the hair, or are they pretty gentle?
<div align="right">
[/QUOTE]

The lainee bands should be fine. Any band on the coat will break some hair, but these are much gentler than most. Just condition well and always cut the bands out and change them daily.

Mikey has a very nice stop and yes, the hair is separated at kind of a V there rather than a straight line. I've seen it both ways. I think the V looks softer. He also has smaller eyes than I would like to is makes them look a little bigger.

I go straight across in the back. I actually part in a different place for the top knot every day because otherwise I tend to break hair. I never go all the way out to the corners of the eyes unless I am putting up doubles for a special occasion or for a show. That hair seems to break the most on my dogs for some reason...
Old 02-14-2005, 11:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank you Jackie. Lacey is getting very good about "sitting pretty" and letting me do her hair. She is such a little princess.
Laceys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement