Reasonable Expectations for Veterinary Care - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydoll View Post
Great post!

BTW, what does making something a sticky mean? Can we personally save articles?
If a thread is a "sticky," it shows up at the very top of the list of threads with a pin icon next to it, as it were stuck on a bulletin board. That way it's easy to find.
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Excellent post Pam!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Casper (KR/AM Ch Great Master of Angela White KR) and (Forever in my heart) Lucky

Very good post. I would also recommend that people talk to their vet or scope out for themselves emergency vets in their area. It is best to find one before you need one and urgency and emotions set in.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Excellent post!

I truly believe that the vet and owner are a 'team' in providing the best possible care for our pets. I believe the vet must show as much respect to owner as they expect to get ... in other words a good communication between the two and they they realize we "Know' our pets and when we have concerns/questions, that they explain and communicate as much as possible.

I love the clinic where I take the twerps... have used them for years going back to Missy. From the desk staff to the vets.. all very good about addressing my concerns... they listen to my questions and even suggestions I may put forth and communicate with me.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joy

Awesome post!

Last edited by Poppy's mommy; 07-30-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Poppy's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Extremely thoughtful and informative post! Thanks, Pam! I admire your honest approach and helpfulness towards others even when it goes unnoticed and under-appreciated.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Extremely thoughtful and informative post! Thanks, Pam! I admire your honest approach and helpfulness towards others even when it goes unnoticed and under-appreciated.
Ditto!! This is a great post as I am usually one to go with whatever the vet says. But I also understand that vets can't know every little thing about every breed so it's also up to us to know as much as we can about these special little dogs. I have been fortunate that I haven't had any health scares yet, and haven't had any procedures done yet (since he came neutered and has yet to need a dental), but I've learned SO much on this forum about the questions to ask and what to be concerned about. I would never have even considered pet health insurance had it not been for this forum but I am so glad I have it. So I'm grateful to experienced owners who are so willing to share their experiences and knowledge!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Thanks Marisa. I don't feel under appreciated. Those who know me know why I have the message that I share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Ditto!! This is a great post as I am usually one to go with whatever the vet says. But I also understand that vets can't know every little thing about every breed so it's also up to us to know as much as we can about these special little dogs. I have been fortunate that I haven't had any health scares yet, and haven't had any procedures done yet (since he came neutered and has yet to need a dental), but I've learned SO much on this forum about the questions to ask and what to be concerned about. I would never have even considered pet health insurance had it not been for this forum but I am so glad I have it. So I'm grateful to experienced owners who are so willing to share their experiences and knowledge!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I have always felt that is the best part of SM. The vast amount of knowledge that is shared here every day. I wouldn't have managed well at all when I had a very sick dog had it not been for the SM members that shared knowledge with me. Unfortunately, lately SM has become almost two different forums. There is the SM for sharing knowledge about guiding people to make good decisions when looking for puppies etc, and guiding through health and behavior issues. And then there is the SM that is about something else altogether that has nothing to do with supporting the Maltese breed IMHO. If find it puzzling and sad.

And Lola at the Bridge
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Lacie, Breeze (Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont), Secret and Tilly (at the bridge)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammy4501 View Post
Thanks Marisa. I don't feel under appreciated. Those who know me know why I have the message that I share.

I have always felt that is the best part of SM. The vast amount of knowledge that is shared here every day. I wouldn't have managed well at all when I had a very sick dog had it not been for the SM members that shared knowledge with me. Unfortunately, lately SM has become almost two different forums. There is the SM for sharing knowledge about guiding people to make good decisions when looking for puppies etc, and guiding through health and behavior issues. And then there is the SM that is about something else altogether that has nothing to do with supporting the Maltese breed IMHO. If find it puzzling and sad.
Pam - I feel the same way.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jane
Dog's Name: Carley Rose, and sweet dreams: Sparkle, Snowflake, Puppy Dolly

Pammy,
I haven't been on SM very long...maybe a month. After losing Dolly in May, this has been a source of comfort in my grieving process. It has also been a great source of knowledge which I am also very grateful for. This is really going to help me with my next maltese. Just reading about shots the other day and getting the rabiesTF is all new to me.

Being that I am fairly new to this website, I wasn't sure what to expect. What I have gotten from it though has been very helpful. Thank you for your very helpful post!! And thanks to all those who help!

Follow Carley on Facebook: Carley Rose the maltese
or Instagram: janehdog
puppydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement