Katie’s not well (possible autoimmune) - Page 12 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #111 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. If you can find a holistic vet in your area - even if you have to drive a while - you may be able to use holistic or homeopathic remedies to help.
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 07:38 PM   #112 (permalink)

It’s a spray that supposedly removes all vaccination side effects from dogs I have seen it on dogs naturally magazine website

Anti-Vaccinosis. Anti-Vaccinosis from Adored Beast can assist in removing associated vaccine side effects in your dog without removing any vaccine benefits. Anti-Vaccinosis is a smart first step in dealing with most chronic diseases and can unravel the path to healing ... often in as little as 48 hours!
Maltesekatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:39 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. If you can find a holistic vet in your area - even if you have to drive a while - you may be able to use holistic or homeopathic remedies to help.
You read my mind Maggie I’m doing this as we speak ! Have no problem traveling but conventional just turns to medication so time to turn to alternatives

Old 11-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #114 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I don't know that I would use it at this point as it may just muddle the waters---and agree w/Maggie about seeing a naturalist for a 2nd opinion.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I don't know that I would use it at this point as it may just muddle the waters---and agree w/Maggie about seeing a naturalist for a 2nd opinion.
Yes I think the same Edel thanks , have an appointment booked with a homeopathic vet for 2pm tomoro , looking forward to this hopefully we will get some results or at least another plan
Old 12-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #116 (permalink)

I thought I replied to this post but I don’t think it went through , have an appointment with a holistic vet tomoro will report back with updates
Old 12-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #117 (permalink)

Ok so we had our homepathic vet visit , we got some thuja and a prednisone alternative with all natural remedies ,

The vet didn’t notice anything remarkable with her or her behaviors just she is very dependent on human interaction, we have to go back to half a pred every second day and use the pred alternative at the same time , he says he expects symptoms to return but to observe them rather than panic and to contact him once they return so he can reevaluate to start the treatment

I got the feeling he was saying indirectly that she is reacting to our feelings etc when she is having an episode when we panic but it’s very hard to be neutral in those situations he said to try and get her off the steroids which I wholeheartedly agree with , so we will try this avenue and go with it and see what happens
Old 02-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #118 (permalink)

Hi all , another quick update , Christmas was up and down for us but since then we seemed to have turned a corner ,

So basically the symptoms came back again 28th dec , went to vet who did blood work all organs ok , considering she is still on steroids that was brilliant news ,

Since then we have been weaning off her dose but did a couple of extra things ,

1. Completely cut chicken out of diet and now on high quality dry nuts

2. Started giving Lintbells Yucalm tablets

And it seemed we have turned a corner ! Steroids are down to a quarter of a tab every second day with a view to weaning off completely in a couple of weeks

Our new vet seems like stress is a factor so we said we would give it a shot along with some nutricalm aids ( collar and diffuser ) she’s like she’s back to herself again !

So please god say a prayer we can keep going and get completely off the steroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement