Katie’s not well (possible autoimmune) - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2019, 08:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltesekatie View Post
Thereís a lot going on I prob didnít mention the poop but she had that 2 weeks ago and we got antibiotics for that ,

Then that was the least of our worries when she had the tense tummy and groaning and unsettled this is when she was admitted to the hospital for iv the poop was good at that stage now the blood is back but we are getting flagyl for that to try and clear that up only see blood again today ( she didnít poop sat /sun ) yesterdayís didnít look too bad but it wouldnít be solid but not very runny , we changed her diet to boiled chicken and nuts that were recommended by the vet with a 7 percent fat value, her diet would have been very bad before that , dog food caeser and treats from the table every day so Iím sure itís a big change for her little tummy

At this stage it will probably be tomoro before we know bloods , to be honest Iím not sure what blood tests were done I know she got blood tests done when she was in for the IV but that was in house testing whereas these ones are being sent to a lab so hopefully they will be more accurate and extensive
The blood in her stool can definitely be related to tense tummy and groaning. All of these can be symptoms of various GI problems. Regarding food, when you fed Cesarís, was it chicken? If so, you might try boiled ground turkey instead of boiled chicken. It turns out that chicken can actually cause GI problems in dogs.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Oh no I'm so sorry, I just left a post about your precious little girl on your other thread
It breaks my heart that she's going through this, I hope you find out what's causing this
Caesar dog food isn't a high quality food, I hope you consider something different after your vet finds what's going on with your precious baby.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

Sorry peeps meant to update yesterday ,

Katie is doing very well still , temperature still under control , blood tests came back everything looks perfect , had another scan today just to make sure everything was still Ok in there and everything still looks good

The vets where we have got a brilliant service from have done all they can , so the next step if the fever strikes again is referral to a larger hospital where they will do more tests , we are hoping and praying it might have just been a viral thing that has passed by now but the vet has said she has also seen these things being cyclical so we aren’t getting our hopes up yet , she’s bounding around this evening it’s great to see it and gives us hope

Thanks for all the info I’ll update again Over the weekend as that seems to be the time when the fever strikes !
Maltesekatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

Just a quick update all still good here , temperature staying stable since last Monday which is brilliant don’t want to tempt fate to say we are out of the woods yet but things are good at the moment ,

Could that shot of steroid have fixed whatever it was I wonder ?
Old 08-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paulann
Dog's Name: Abella (6 yrs old)

Wonderful news! Glad to hear Katie is doing better and that her temperature is stable. I know how scary it can be when our little fluffs are sick . Hoping this good news continues! Thoughts and prayers with you and Katie.

"Life is good - Life with a Maltese is better!"
Old 08-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks for sharing your encouraging update regarding Katie's medical issues. Sounds as though that she has turned another corner and has been getting better. Please do keep us updated!!
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I am hopeful that this was a virus---or a food allergy. I think you have had good advice so won't add to it. Just want you to know you are in my thoughts & prayers along w/your baby girl. All the best to you & please keep us in the loop!

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

Spoke too soon shivering back , temp back up to 38.9 normally around 38.3

Gave a steroid as all vets are closed over the holiday here so it’s time for a referral to the hospital now to try and get to the bottom of this

I hate the thoughts of sending her to a hospital for a week tho she will hate it !
Old 08-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltesekatie View Post
Spoke too soon shivering back , temp back up to 38.9 normally around 38.3

Gave a steroid as all vets are closed over the holiday here so itís time for a referral to the hospital now to try and get to the bottom of this

I hate the thoughts of sending her to a hospital for a week tho she will hate it !
They shouldnít have to keep her for a week for testing, unless they admit her because sheís doing poorly.
A good IMS will know exactly what to test for during a visit.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Did they check her for tick borne disease.
Other than fever, what are her symptoms?
Advertisement