My heart is breaking - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Michelle - it's never easy but at least with dogs unlike people, if thing are bleak and they're in pain, we can relieve them of that burden and free them from suffering. Emily sounds like she's still enjoying life (I guess she'll be sporting some sweaters) and still enjoys the love. Cherish every day, love each moment you have and tune in to when it's time. It's so hard that so many of us met on SM over a decade ago and now our dogs are of "that age." At least we're all here and on FB for each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

My heart aches for you having to see them grow old and struggle at times. It is amazing that she can 'run' as you said and she seems to enjoy life as much as she can. Bless her little heart, how sweet. How can you not just cuddle her as much as she wants and enjoy time together. I guess that is all you can do. It sounds like you are doing all the right things Michelle. I have not had a dog before Jodi (I had to say goodbye to 3 cats). I have a feeling going through this with a dog is a whole different thing.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber,Emily,Bitsy,Sasha,Sassy,Harry,Amy,Buffy,Buster,Duchess,Einie,Grechen,Max,Rosie,Rylee in heaven

We're taking Emily in tomorrow for another evaluation..
I have doc appointments tomorrow,then we take Emily over for evaluation...
We take her in weekly..just to make sure she's ok and we're not missing anything and that she's not in pain or suffering..

She still eats and wants to be with us..she doesn't act like she's in pain..She's still alert..she runs (as much as a 16 year old plus) dog can run..up to you for treats or attention..
We want to make sure she's up for our trip to Fl..

She sleeps on and off through the day.. sleeps if we're in the other room,but soon as we're in with her,she wakes up and comes over for lovin'...

She lays on our laps for "couch time" in the evenings.. We put a nappy on her at night..usually it's dry..

Her poo is usually good..sometimes it gets soft..Once in a while runny if we give her too many treats..

Our concern is how thin she is..
Her tail is bald,except for a few hairs..
Her hair did fall out,but we put her on probiotics and it's grown back, but thin..

She walks stiff legged..When the vet checks,she doesn't seem to be in pain....
Pulse is good in her back legs..

Other than probiotic, she's on glucosamin...

I know her time is coming..just want the time she has to be comfortable.

Amber is doing well after her Adequan shot series.. No other meds other than glucosamin

Sassy is on 4 heart meds,still hanging in there..

It's hard to let them go.. she's the last of our Malty babies..
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2019, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey

Michelle, your dogs are SO lucky to have you and Al as parents. I hope the appointment goes well tomorrow. Keeping you and your sweet aging fluffs in my prayers
Old 12-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Name: Saylor
Dog's Name: Addy crossed to rainbow bridge Easter 2019.

My sympathy to you. It is a dilemma we all face. Try to take each day without planning or thinking ahead for her. She lives in the moment, try to do so too.
My prayers for you.
Saylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saylor View Post
My sympathy to you. It is a dilemma we all face. Try to take each day without planning or thinking ahead for her. She lives in the moment, try to do so too.
My prayers for you.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Amber,Emily,Bitsy,Sasha,Sassy,Harry,Amy,Buffy,Buster,Duchess,Einie,Grechen,Max,Rosie,Rylee in heaven

We took Emily in and both vets checked her out..Her heart is strong, strong pulse in back legs..she checked her patellas..all good there..No noticeable pain response..
Blood work was good, for a dog her age.. liver values up,but same for the last 6 months and she's on meds for liver function..

Her teeth have tartar build up,but she's not able to take anesthesia at her age..They said her teeth weren't painful when they felt her mouth..

Her little tail is a bit chapped from the dry cold weather,since it doesn't have much fur on it,so we're using silvadine on it.. Once we get to Fl..should get better...

They said she'd be stable to go with us..
She's 16 years three months old..

Getting cataracts but not as bad as Bitsy's were.

She said it was up to us..but she thought she was still happy yet..so having thought we might be saying good bye to her..it was a happy moment..

They said to keep an eye on her for any sudden declines..If so we'll come back to Ohio to send her to the bridge..I don't trust any place else to do that..

We have a vet in Fl we use so we'll continue to take her in each week for evaluations..

Went over to Al's folks tonight and she was begging at our chairs..silly girl.. Then slept on the couch with Sassy, Amber, daddy and me.. while we watched tv..

It's so hard..each time we take her in..we fear the worst.. it's so hard to let them go..
Old 12-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

I'm glad you have a little more time. Merry Christmas, Michelle!
Old 12-25-2019, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
I'm glad you have a little more time. Merry Christmas, Michelle!
Us too..it's a precious holiday gift that we're beyond thankful for..Each day , each little doggie kiss is a treasure..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement