Rallying for TEAM Biscuit Support for Pork Chop! - Page 9 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #81 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Presley, and Sissy at the bridge

Just checking in for update! Glad to hear he is doing so well!

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #82 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Vinh & Ann
Dog's Name: Biscuit (@Rainbow Bridge), Pork Chop, and Emmie
Send a message via AIM to vinhle68 Send a message via Yahoo to vinhle68

Good morning SM family!

Pork Chop continued to recover very well. He is also starting to get some of his rascal personalities back! lol

The stitches area seems to be healing well. We're keeping a close eye to see if there are any swollen, breakage, and fluid build-up areas but so far doesn't seem to be the case. We think the stitches area is itching since they are healing making him uncomfortable and he is trying to scratch the area with his hind legs but can't reach it yet which is good.

He seems to have shown more steadily controlled of his back legs as the day progresses forward. He is still lightly wobbly with the back legs when walking but starting to shown more controls which we are super excited about hoping that within the next 1-3months he resume fully normal functions. He has enough strength now where if he sees something that excites him he'll make a dash/run for it! lol, We have to constantly watch the rascal and prevent him from running and jumping.

Dr. Gibson did tell us that usually all signs of recovery should plateau by 2-3 months post-surgery and if after that period they might be stuck with any remaining challenges for the remainder of their lives.

Since Porky is doing well, we decide to start giving him one of his all-time favorite treats, dehydrated turkey tenderloin pieces, and he's loving it! LOL, That Boy always thinks with his stomach.

As for Emmie, the poor little princess has been feeling neglected since both Mommy and Daddy been paying most of the attention to brother Pork Chop.

We have scheduled two appointments on 1/7/19 with LSU; one for radiation therapy consultant and the other is for the 2-week post-surgery check-up.

Biscuit (@Rainbow Bridge), Pork Chop, and Emmie

Vinh & Ann
New Orleans, Louisiana
vinhle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Yes, I agree w/Sue---you are doing a great job w/the "heavy lifting"!
Please give Emmie a little love from us! She must know that she needs to be good at the moment. Just this AM Dwt. made coffee but forgot to put the coffee-pot where it should be and did not realize it (it was a very large pot of coffee all over the coffee bar, down into the plastic ware & on the floor under the lamp, well, you get the idea). All to say that Kitzi was greatly concerned---he does not normally show much emotion but he must have felt our stress----Emmie will certainly feel that at your home---so don't forget to love on her too.
What great news that PC is improving slowly but surely. To God be the glory! & we pat you on the back! :-)

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2020, 04:47 PM   #84 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Hi Vinh and Ann, I am so happy for you and Porkchop. You have been through so much, I just read all the posts to catch up. What a wonderful update to see that Porkchop came through the surgery and is doing so well. I will say prayers that all goes well with your next appointments and results. Yay for Porkchop!