Vaccinations - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Toby and Harley
Send a message via AIM to gizzy's mom

Dr Jamie,
I worry about the fact that we may be giving way to many vaccines to our pets and that some health issues might be arising out of it. What are your thoughts on the titer test ? (not sure if i spelt that right)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janis
Dog's Name: Maggie Bella and Trixie Rose

Thanks for posting that, Dr. Jamie. By the way, I clicked on your portraits and you are a wonderful photographer!

bellapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to dwerten

I just read on another group a tech that posted that they pull from same vile and charge client for 3 year vaccine more and for one year less and the tech said that she pulls the same vaccine from the same vile and gives to the dog now is that ethical? She is really upset about it as she feels that this is so unethical and does not know what to do and is questioning this on the group as she is so torn. I was not shocked as i have read this on other groups. A vet explained the difference due to manufacturers but what this tech was saying was very shocking and sad

QUOTE (pburnette @ May 5 2008, 07:08 PM)
Quote:
What are your opinions about the rabies vaccine?

I know that many dogs have had reactions and have had auto immune problems after having the rabies vaccine. There is now a three year vaccine and a huge group of people are fighting for a seven year vaccine.

I told someone that has one of my puppies that I did not give the vaccine unless it was absolutely necessary. I know that it is required by state law . Her vet wants to see proof that it has caused problems in maltese. Do any of you have any proof of that?

It really bothers me that they give a little maltese the same dose as they give a big dog.

pburnette
Ga-Li Maltese[/B]

Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I just got my titers back on dexter and dee dee and dee dee was still covered and so was dex and dee dee has not had parvo distemper vaccine since she was 6 mos old due to health issues and she is almost 5 now and her titers came up fine again as i do it yearly and dex titers were fine also and he has been titered for 4 years --jean dodds did the titers for both of them and i have had them done in the past by cornell, kansas state, colorado state so now 4 years on 3 dogs and all different labs I am a believer in titering especially in dogs with health issues

QUOTE (Gizzy's mom @ Jun 5 2008, 04:11 PM)
Quote:
Dr Jamie,
I worry about the fact that we may be giving way to many vaccines to our pets and that some health issues might be arising out of it. What are your thoughts on the titer test ? (not sure if i spelt that right)[/B]
Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

what they say is up to 90lb dog on the rabies vaccine and yet it is stated that it is not size related but if that is the case then why say up to 90lb dog on the label? Some holistic vets i have heard do not give the full dose of rabies like vets do in little dogs so if your dog has health issues and you are nervous about it maybe seek out a holistic vet

QUOTE (pburnette @ May 5 2008, 07:08 PM)
Quote:
What are your opinions about the rabies vaccine?

I know that many dogs have had reactions and have had auto immune problems after having the rabies vaccine. There is now a three year vaccine and a huge group of people are fighting for a seven year vaccine.

I told someone that has one of my puppies that I did not give the vaccine unless it was absolutely necessary. I know that it is required by state law . Her vet wants to see proof that it has caused problems in maltese. Do any of you have any proof of that?

It really bothers me that they give a little maltese the same dose as they give a big dog.

pburnette
Ga-Li Maltese[/B]
Old 02-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Can you state which vaccines are killed and which live as my understanding is there are only a few live and the rest are all killed vaccines and that most reactions are from the adjuvants added to the vaccine.

Great info Jaimie
Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Does the lepto vaccine cover all strains of lepto?

Does the bordatella intranasal cover all strains of bordatella?

Do you see more reactions in bordatella shot than intranasal? I know the shot lasts longer than intranasal but my parents dog got very sick from shot and has not been sick in 7 years of doing intranasal so just curious your thoughts

Do you recommend intranasal every 6 mos and shot once a year?

This topic interests me greatly as I want to learn all sides of this as it is very important to me so thank you for pinning and starting this important topic and I value your information and your thoughts on this topic
Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Where are the vaccines given on the body and why?

I have read and just curious that they give vaccines sometimes in limbs so if cancer occurs they can amputate the limb- is this true or just gossip?

The board certified dentist we saw for consult gave the dental vaccine in a dogs limb and the dogs limb went limp and she said it was a side effect as she called the company and they said they have received complaints about this and all vaccines can have side effects. The other board certified dentist said he does not ever use the vaccine just brush the teeth.

Do you think this is a good vaccine to give to small dogs with potential of periodontal disease even though it has not been on the market that long?

A tech on another group warned me not to do it as she has been seeing alot of side effects to dental vaccine so i chose not to do it with demi.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Do you think that dogs with poor immune systems such as hypothyroid, atopic dermatitis and liver disease should be vaccinated as it does say on label for healthy dogs?

Do you think it is possible in what you have read and studied that vaccines can trigger immune mediated diseases? I as this because all of dee dee's problems occured right after her vaccinations at 6 months and it has always concerned me yet demi and dex did fine with their vaccines.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Aolani

Hi, I'm wondering if it is recommended that the rabies vaccine be given separate from Lyme, Distempr and Bortadella and if so how far apart. The reason I ask is because last year Aolani received 4 shots in one day (including rabies) and I don't want him to go through that again unless it is necessary/required.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Click here to see some of Aolani's videos
Johita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement