Help! Zoey gets aggresive when putting on sweater - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

So happy it worked out. The one I use Kitzi licks off his feet---he loves the taste! Crazy pup! In Texas I don't need much though so this little tin will last forever.
Thanks for stopping in to let us know the name & how it worked for you---this is what SM is all about.
Happy Holidays to you & your baby.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Dawna Gauthier
Dog's Name: Lucy, Teddy, Gracie

I bought adorable coats and jackets from Etsy for Lucy that have a small D-ring on the back to attach the lease so no need for harness and coat. They attach with Velcro around the chest and waist. They’re are precise sizing measurements on the owners site for a proper fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dgauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Baxterboo is great too for tiny pups. My dogs always loved dressing up the way I did it is I roll the shirt or sweater up so they can easily push their heads through themselves and hold a treat in front of the opening and once they push their head in they get the treat then I ask for a paw and when they lift their paw up I slip it in the arm hole and then I ask for the other paw and do the same thing. Echo loves wearing his shirts I bought him a fur rain coat for when it's raining but it's a little on the big side which I ordered it that way on purpose so he can wear sweaters or shirts under it but when he's resting or we're in the car he'll slip his arms out and curl up in the jacket.
Dream Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Help!!! Zoey is still aggressive a year later.

Back in 2017 I posted that Zoey was aggressive whenever I put clothes on her. I just want to update you that she is still very aggressive when I put clothes on her. I have no choice it is cold in the winter and she runs with me. I have a carrying bag that she can go into if she does not feel like running but she usually goes at least 2-3 miles, she really loves to run. I have had a trainer come in several times. We worked through the touching of her paws. That is no longer a problem. She lets me put the paws wax on her without an issue and she lets me wipe her paws off when we return. I can touch them whenever I want. However, she still gets very aggressive when putting on clothes. I think it has gotten a little better but not much. She is almost 18months old and I do wonder if this is something that I will have to deal with forever or will she eventually calm down. I get mixed reviews with that. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I am willing to try anything. I no longer talk to her when putting on the clothes and I will give her a treat if she does not go to bite. It has helped a little but she is not where I want her to be. I do feel like she is really stubborn and when she does not get her way she gets aggressive. Other than that she is a really cool dog. I love her so much. Any suggestions? Thank you. Peace...Sandra
sanlyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement