Difficult time for rescue organizations - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I just donated too for Moxie and I. Paypal is a good thing.

-Chrisman's Sir Mucho Moxie CDX RN RL1 -

In Memory of my beloved Mogie: October 15, 1994-October 15, 2007
Moxie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Christine
Dog's Name: Mia, Leo and Ana
Heart In honour of all at SM for your kindness and love

See new post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max & Rocky View Post
The following message is from Mary Palmer at NCMR.

I am also reminded that NCMR can accept donations other than money. For instance, every year or so we seem to get new cell phones (about the time I learn how to actually use the old one), so we have bundled up our old ones and will be shipping them out.

Many thanks for your donation. No matter what the size, your gift is greatly appreciated and it helps us continue to rescue these sweet little dogs in need. We are an approved 501(3) charity and therefore your gifts are tax deductible.

Last edited by allheart; 10-22-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: See new post
allheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue (www.scmradoption.com) a 501 c 3 charity, is also struggling financially. We need your help! Our intake is very high and our bank account is rapidly (alarmingly) being depleted.

I have never seen so many dogs Maltese needing rescue. It is overwhelming some days. There are high numbers of requests weekly to 'please take my dog'. People needing to move or losing their jobs are heartbroken,but must surrender their pet & a rescue is the better option to a shelter!

Often, there are older dogs with health issues, but still deserving of a good home. Breeders, too, are shedding excess breeder dogs and we have many retired breeders. We have been treating at least 6 heartworm positive dogs, have about 3 dogs with one eye only, one diabetic dog etc. We need donations, foster homes & adopters! Please consider supporting SCMR.

However, there are many great Maltese available in rescue currently if you would like to adopt! We even have PUPPIES available. Moonshine is just about 4 1/2 month old & Lightning is about 11-12 months. These babies have beautiful coat texture & move like well built show dogs. They are fully vetted and have super temperments. Check out Moonshine & Lightning on our web site Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Maltese | Chattanooga, TN | Moonshine ( TN ) Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Maltese | Chattanooga, TN | Lightning ( TN )

Please check out our dogs. ADOPT? Foster with us? Donate! Any amount is appreciated, any support in no matter what form is appreciated. Help us help these dogs! With the holidays coming up, consider making a donation as a gift, in honor of a friend or relative. We will send the honored family a card acknowledging your gift. Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue - Holiday Gift Donation

To read a few our most recent newsletter: http://www.scmradoption.com/Oct2010Newsletter.pdf

Thank you for loving this wonderful breed and all that you do to help them

Mary Dube'
Co - Founder
Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue, a 501 c3 charity
SCMR
P.O. Box 2005
Chattanooga, TN 37409
MozartsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber,Emily,Bitsy,Sasha,Sassy,Harry,Amy,Buffy,Buster,Duchess,Einie,Grechen,Max,Rosie,Rylee in heaven

NCMR, I donated,I didn't put any specific name,I read Rosie's story and Micheals too. Broke my heart. I'm sure they'll put the $$ to the best use... Kissies and hugs to the fluffs.

SCMR,on my donate list next week,love to the fluffs,a little bit of help is coming.

I have a couple mobile phones I have to dig up,I'll send one to each of you,as soon as I find them. Can old I-phones be recycled?

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartsMom View Post
Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue (www.scmradoption.com) a 501 c 3 charity, is also struggling financially. We need your help! Our intake is very high and our bank account is rapidly (alarmingly) being depleted.

I have never seen so many dogs Maltese needing rescue. It is overwhelming some days. There are high numbers of requests weekly to 'please take my dog'. People needing to move or losing their jobs are heartbroken,but must surrender their pet & a rescue is the better option to a shelter!

Often, there are older dogs with health issues, but still deserving of a good home. Breeders, too, are shedding excess breeder dogs and we have many retired breeders. We have been treating at least 6 heartworm positive dogs, have about 3 dogs with one eye only, one diabetic dog etc. We need donations, foster homes & adopters! Please consider supporting SCMR.

However, there are many great Maltese available in rescue currently if you would like to adopt! We even have PUPPIES available. Moonshine is just about 4 1/2 month old & Lightning is about 11-12 months. These babies have beautiful coat texture & move like well built show dogs. They are fully vetted and have super temperments. Check out Moonshine & Lightning on our web site Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Maltese | Chattanooga, TN | Moonshine ( TN ) Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Maltese | Chattanooga, TN | Lightning ( TN )

Please check out our dogs. ADOPT? Foster with us? Donate! Any amount is appreciated, any support in no matter what form is appreciated. Help us help these dogs! With the holidays coming up, consider making a donation as a gift, in honor of a friend or relative. We will send the honored family a card acknowledging your gift. Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue - Holiday Gift Donation

To read a few our most recent newsletter: http://www.scmradoption.com/Oct2010Newsletter.pdf

Thank you for loving this wonderful breed and all that you do to help them

Mary Dube'
Co - Founder
Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue, a 501 c3 charity
SCMR
P.O. Box 2005
Chattanooga, TN 37409
Mary
I wanted to donate to SCMR for my SS as one of his/her gifts. How would we let you know to hold the acknowledgement card until after Secret Santa gifts go out so it doesn't spoil the surprise?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default Secret Santa donation- supporting SCMR

If you donate by check, put a sticky note on the check & indicate IMPORTANT Do not send the gift acknowledgement out until _________ date, THIS IS A SECRET SANTA gift. Do the same if you are donating online using Pay Pal, just indicate that in the spoecial instructions field. Then of course indicate: Send gift donation announcement to: & provide name / address. Be sure to give us a way to follow up & contact you if we have any questions.

Thank you for considering a donation to support our efforts! Every donation is greatly appreciated!

Mary Dube'
Co-Founder SCMR
www.scmradoption.com
MozartsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartsMom View Post
If you donate by check, put a sticky note on the check & indicate IMPORTANT Do not send the gift acknowledgement out until _________ date, THIS IS A SECRET SANTA gift. Do the same if you are donating online using Pay Pal, just indicate that in the spoecial instructions field. Then of course indicate: Send gift donation announcement to: & provide name / address. Be sure to give us a way to follow up & contact you if we have any questions.

Thank you for considering a donation to support our efforts! Every donation is greatly appreciated!

Mary Dube'
Co-Founder SCMR
www.scmradoption.com
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement