Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Where did your dog come from?

172K views 198 replies 124 participants last post by  Lark 
#1 ·
It's probably common knowledge amongst the "old timers" here at SM where most of the members got our Malts from, but I know newbies looking for a first time Malt are always very interested in finding out from which breeder a specific dog came. They may be searching for a certain
"look" or want to PM one of the members to ask a specific question about the breeder. I thought it might be helpful to have have a pinned thread or section showing a pic of your baby (if you so desire) and their respective breeder and their location. I know something like this would've helped me in my search immensely!

#4 ·
I've always thought it would be great to have a Pinned Thread with pictures and breeder info.

It would be so handy to look through when you are ready to look for a pup.

Although, I already know what I want.... :rolleyes: :blush:

(I think Nikki is absolutely adorable)

#9 ·
Coco is from Bonnie Palmer, Angel Maltese. We couldn't be more pleased with our sweet Angel.

#10 ·
I was just thinking this same idea for a thread of this nature about 2 days ago.

All of mine: Grace, Rugby, Scout & Atticus came from Aria maltese in Central California. Grace is the mother of Atticus & Rugby (they are from the same litter). Scout has the same father as Rugby and Atticus.

[attachment=42797:All_four...0_x_355_.jpg]

Attachments

#13 ·
Cadeau came from Debbie Cleckley www.jacobmaltese.com :wub:
This is a puppy pic of him:
[attachment=42810:Cadeauon...ollyMweb.jpg]
And a pic from the specialty in September:
[attachment=42811:CadeauFa...alty2Web.jpg]

My Cameo came to us as a foster. :wub2: I have her pedigree, but she was bred by a breeder who was either a mill or a BYB. Cameo was advertised to her first home as a teacup maltese. She is beautiful, but has bad patellas and chronic allergies. I think she is a nice example of the lovely dogs that come through rescue, but also the problems of bad breeders.
[attachment=42812:CameoThanksgivingC.jpg]

My Calypso also came to us as a foster dog. She was bred by a mill that was closed down, but she has some excellent old lines in her pedigree. However, her breeder got ahold of those lines and inbred them a bunch. :blink:
[attachment=42813:Caly.jpg]

Two more of my babies at the bridge also came from rescue.

Clancy, a very special girl who came from the humane society. :tender:

[attachment=42817:Clancy_with_Bunny.JPG]

Clouseau (the Havanese who came through Maltese rescue) :supacool:
[attachment=42815:ClouseauCloseup.jpg]

And last but never least, my first maltese was born at the neighbors house. She only bred two litters. Cloud's was her first. :cloud9:
[attachment=42816:CloudCloseup.jpg]

They were all beautiful. But if this is a thread about breeder recommendations, I have to absolutely endorse Debbie C. I also encourage folks to consider rescue. It is amazing the beautiful dogs that come through the rescue programs. :heart:

Attachments

#14 ·
QUOTE (deblddo @ Oct 27 2008, 02:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=658563
This is a great thread and i love looking at the beautiful babies. I know when it's time to get another maltese i want one from Bonnie Palmer (Angel Maltese) they are absolute perfection. :tender: :tender:[/B]

I agree! I would love a little "angel", but I'm afraid the size disparity between Winnie and the new pup would be a problem :unsure:

#19 ·
I love this idea!

I got to see some Richelieu fluffs the other day at the show in Dixon. Holy smokes, what pretty pups! I would not hesitate to get a fluff from there!

I got my two cuties from Malt Angel's in Valley Springs, CA. I would recommend a fluff from Sheila any day.

They are both still pups, Jazz is about 4 1/2 months old and Pixie is a month younger then he is. Both are wonderful little sweeties!

http://maltaangelsmaltese.com/

Updated to add a newer pic of Pixie

Attachments

#21 ·
This is a really great idea! Stuart is from Sarah Stangeland in San Diego. Sarah doesn't have a website, but she is an AMA member. I can't say enough wonderful things about Sarah, she is a wonderful breeder who loves her dogs and has become a great friend.

Stuart as a puppy:
[attachment=42866:puppy_St...t_Little.jpg]

Picture of Sarah and her puppy Tika at the Specialty (third in her class):
[attachment=42867:Tika_Spe..._resized.jpg]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.