like or thank - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean
Default like or thank

I think it would be awesome to have a like or thank button, or both. Sometimes I would like to show someone that I agree or that they made me lol but posting lol or I agree is a tad silly and makes me feel like I am just trying to up my post count even though I dont have much to say

Last edited by shellbeme; 05-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.
shellbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Bobbi
Dog's Name: Sawyer, Sebastian & Skye

"I agree. LOL"

(Looks like we've been spending way too much time on FB & it's rubbing off.)

I feel badly when I read that a member is disappointed, or even upset, that only some of their friends have commented on one of their posts. But I'm like you and, although I read their posts, I often do not reply.

Sometimes it's that I just cannot find enough time to keep up w/all the threads -- especially the very lengthy ones. But the forum has been working well this way for a long time. So I'll just keep reading & grinning & nodding my head & hoping the OP will know I care even though I don't say a word.

We can sometimes resist temptation...but never mischief.

Sawyer & Sebastian at the Koi pond April 2012 (...after Sebastian got a LITTLE too close to the fish...)
Nervusrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray, Hope & Fifi in Heaven

I agree. Sometimes I just don't feel like "talking." However, if we only nod in agreement the thread will soon go bye bye. So, even if we just do a quick reply, the thread stay alive.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervusrek View Post
"I agree. LOL"

(Looks like we've been spending way too much time on FB & it's rubbing off.)

I feel badly when I read that a member is disappointed, or even upset, that only some of their friends have commented on one of their posts. But I'm like you and, although I read their posts, I often do not reply.

Sometimes it's that I just cannot find enough time to keep up w/all the threads -- especially the very lengthy ones. But the forum has been working well this way for a long time. So I'll just keep reading & grinning & nodding my head & hoping the OP will know I care even though I don't say a word.
I have been having such mixed emotions about posting. I have tried so hard to keep up with the threads on both FB and SM.

What kind of bothers me is feeling as though I have to repeat the same responses here or on FB with friends who post on both sites. I care and want to support my friends who need us when they are feeling down ... and, I want to join in celebrating the happy moments with friends, too. However, if I miss posting on FB or SM ... then, it might appear as though I don't care ... when I do.

I'm missing a lot on FB because I think a lot of FB friends have catagorized close friends, etc. And, I find that kind of insulting. Either you are my friend or not. And, if I am not on your top list of friends ... then I miss a lot of what is going on in your life ... and, feel bad if I wanted to offer support or celebrate.

I have tried to be considerate and not send too many threads at one time. Even for pictures. I like to see everyone have a chance to see their threads read and perhaps then receive a few more responses. If there is an abundance of threads every day ... then even new threads tend to get lost.

I wish I had time to post more ... but, often I just don't have the time to keep up with so many threads. I do love reading the threads and learning so much about our Maltese on SM.

I apologize for rambling on about my thoughts here. Gotta go ... doctor appointment!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Bobbi
Dog's Name: Sawyer, Sebastian & Skye

[QUOTE=Snowball Pie's Mommi;2023820]I'm missing a lot on FB because I think a lot of FB friends have catagorized close friends, etc. And, I find that kind of insulting. Either you are my friend or not. And, if I am not on your top list of friends ... then I miss a lot of what is going on in your life ... and, feel bad if I wanted to offer support or celebrate. QUOTE]

Every day I read my FB feed which includes ALL my friends' posts. I don't "hide" any of them. Then I check my four "groups" (Family, Neighbors, School & Maltese), just in case FB hid a few posts. (I hate that FB decides what's "important" to me.)

I like both sites & I post on both sites. But I do post MORE of my PERSONAL life on FB. Plus, there's no limit as to the number of messages I can send or photos I can upload. So go ahead & "friend me" on FB. You'll find me under Bobbi Spiker Conley, using the same profile pic. Then we can "like" each other's posts to our hearts content.

We can sometimes resist temptation...but never mischief.

Sawyer & Sebastian at the Koi pond April 2012 (...after Sebastian got a LITTLE too close to the fish...)
Nervusrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Katkoota
Dog's Name: Snowy & Crystal
Send a message via Yahoo to Katkoota

In another forum I am in, they have that option. Oh how much I love it. It is so useful.

I thought of contacting Yung to consider somethin like it for SM ... And also follow up in the mobile app progress, but I've been so busy that I didn't take the moment to ask. Now that you posted this, I can easily forward the link

Thanks

Snowy & Crystal R in Youtube. Click here for their videos
Skittles & Thalj the lovebirds
the family's pink boy, Dante.
Katkoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Love, uh, like this idea
Old 05-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey

I think the "like" button on Facebook is such a shortcut. It doesn't take much time to post a short response, and I feel like it shows someone really cares.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben and Krisi

I think that would be a great idea, but I really want the App so I can upload pics easily from my iPad .
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom