Clipping Boos nails - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Boo
Default Clipping Boos nails

Hi my Boo is 12 months old now and has had quite a few hair cuts and nail trimming at the groomers . I find it odd that she won’t allow me to trim her nails she gets frightened when I take those clippers out. She has not been hurt by them does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about clipping? Another thing I have found is she doesn’t trust us yet which is unusual for 12 mos old.
I can’t remember how long it took before my Aldo trusted us to let us brush his teeth & groom him.
Every dog is so different it’s going to take time and patience.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Greg
Dog's Name: Robby

My Robby won't let me brush him or trim his nails. So I just let the groomers do it. They're close by and only charge 5 dollars for a nail trim so it's much easier that way. He doesn't struggle with them and just lets them do whatever he needs. Things he would never let me do. I think it has to do with familiarity and being so spoiled at home.
Like the kid who screams and hollers at home but is a perfect angel for his teachers. You would think he would trust me after all these years and not some stranger but that's simply not the case. I used to own big dogs who basically did my bidding. Now it's just the opposite. Spoiled Maltese! Perfect name for this website.
Any other aspect of his care he only trusts me but I've found nail trimming to be impossible with this little guy if I try it. He struggles too much and I'm afraid I'll hit the quick. Go figure. He's almost 17 1/2 so it is what it is.
Hopefully, someone else has some advice. I sure don't.
lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Grace you might want to have your vet or the groomer cut the nails, that way they can be the bad one.Lol

Old 08-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Boo

Thank you for the advice. I will not drive myself crazy trying to get Boo to sit still I’ll let the groomers take care of it . She’s sporting a short haircut these days due to her not allowing me to brush her as well.
Advertisement