Food we use - new thread - Page 11 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #101 (permalink)

Right now we are using Just Foods for Dogs. I buy the vitamin mixes and homecook. I have made the chicken and rice, lamb and rice, and now the venison and rice recipes. My dog is really enjoying it and eating most meals! I'm very happy because before, he was on Merrick canned food and had vomiting/soft stools occasionally. He is doing really well on JFFD with none of the issues! I don't think I will ever go back to commercial dog food & I'm researching more about vitamins in homemade dog food. My goal eventually is to cook a balanced diet without supplement powders but I will be using JFFD or other vitamin mixes this year.

There are two other vitamin mixes I found that I was wondering if anyone had used:

1. The Farmer's Dog DIY (Currently backordered, but I hope they'll be available soon!) This looks very healthy--has anyone tried The Farmer's Dog?

https://www.thefarmersdog.com/diy

2. Canine Life Muffins: This sounds really interesting to me and looks VERY easy to make! I would love to make Alfie muffins once in a while that he could get for breakfast to have some variety. Has anyone heard of this?

Canine Life
fedfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #102 (permalink)

Name: Samantha
Dog's Name: Cooper

Hi, all of my options and recommendations are grain free, and I can't choose other than that :/
Last year it turned out that my Cooper has food allergy...He was itching like crazy and shaking his head constantly and I suspected he had ear inflammation or something like that, but didn't expect to be told that it was caused by food allergy. It turned out that ear inflammation, diarrhea and even chronic gas are the symptoms of food allergy. Our vet even asked me if my dog lick his feet....??!!
Vet also said that most pets are usually allergic to more than one thing, but luckily, Cooper has 'only' a grain allergy. It's not something you wanna hear when you think you are doing it all right Anyhow, when I realized that Cooper needed special diet, I switched to Ivorycoat grain free food and it still works ok
If you have any other recommendations regarding grain free food, share!
Samantha113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #103 (permalink)

Hi everyone, I made the food for Minnie and Bits (sweet potatoes, peas and green beans)and mixed it with a dry kibble I got in Austria. Bits was allergic to most foods and this worked for them. My daughter lives there and it was fairly easy for me to get with our visits back and forth when I get my new baby Iíll be looking for recommendations however the European brands are very superior.
Dminnar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #104 (permalink)

Name: Jordan
Dog's Name: Dolly

Dolly... oh Dolly. Many may not agree with her diet but below is literally the only thing I have found that will get her to gain and maintain her weight. Sheís finally 3 pounds 10-12ish oz at 6 months old and thriving.

Everyday:

Morning: Boiled 3/4 Fromm Duckenpfeffer mixed with 1/4 Maltese Puppy Royal Canin.

All day: Free fed same combo but not boiled.

Night: Stella and Chewy Patty (flavor depending on what I buy.)

It seems to finally have her at a weight and energy level that the vet and I are both happy with. Sheís a rescue and I donít know her background although I can guess puppy mill. She had zero interesst in food the first 3 months I had her.

I donít love the Royal Canin mixed in but... she does and if thatís what it takes then she gets her Royal Canin. LOL!

unicorn1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:45 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dminnar View Post
Hi everyone, I made the food for Minnie and Bits (sweet potatoes, peas and green beans)and mixed it with a dry kibble I got in Austria. Bits was allergic to most foods and this worked for them. My daughter lives there and it was fairly easy for me to get with our visits back and forth when I get my new baby Iíll be looking for recommendations however the European brands are very superior.
Hm, thanks for sharing, will see with my vet if there are any European options here in AU
Old 01-15-2018, 05:46 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn1098 View Post
Dolly... oh Dolly. Many may not agree with her diet but below is literally the only thing I have found that will get her to gain and maintain her weight. Sheís finally 3 pounds 10-12ish oz at 6 months old and thriving.

Everyday:

Morning: Boiled 3/4 Fromm Duckenpfeffer mixed with 1/4 Maltese Puppy Royal Canin.

All day: Free fed same combo but not boiled.

Night: Stella and Chewy Patty (flavor depending on what I buy.)

It seems to finally have her at a weight and energy level that the vet and I are both happy with. Sheís a rescue and I donít know her background although I can guess puppy mill. She had zero interesst in food the first 3 months I had her.

I donít love the Royal Canin mixed in but... she does and if thatís what it takes then she gets her Royal Canin. LOL!
Haha, I know the feel. "I don't love it, but she does" <3
Old 02-12-2018, 02:41 AM   #107 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Lexie, Oliver and now Daisy!
Send a message via MSN to kikiiniowa

What flavors of the Fromm's grain free are you feeding?