Puppy Food - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Puppy Food

Hi! I will be bringing home my new baby in several weeks. In the meanwhile, I am trying to do as much research as possible. Would love to hear recommendations from the group about preferred foods. I am looking at grain-free kibble...any preferences of brands or experiences (good or bad) that you would like to share are appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Hmh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2018, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Fromms puppy is a good one, though my girls didnt do so well on it. I put my third pup on Sojo's goat. It's dehydrated raw. She's still on it and still thriving.
Here's the link to dog food advisor for puppy foods.
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-...st_drypup_list
Old 08-30-2018, 06:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Welcome! Your baby is adorable!

I understand kibble is easier but the ingredients are highly processed and the extreme dryness of the product means you really have to make sure your baby drinks enough water, or else add water to the food. If you must feed kibble, Fromm is excellent.

There are a lot of great dehydrated, freeze dried and frozen raw diets and dog food advisor is a good source. I also love Whole Dog Journal which publishes lists of recommended foods each year and has high standards for who goes on that list. It's something like $30 a year for a subscription, but well worth it to me.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Welcome! Your baby is adorable!

I understand kibble is easier but the ingredients are highly processed and the extreme dryness of the product means you really have to make sure your baby drinks enough water, or else add water to the food. If you must feed kibble, Fromm is excellent.

There are a lot of great dehydrated, freeze dried and frozen raw diets and dog food advisor is a good source. I also love Whole Dog Journal which publishes lists of recommended foods each year and has high standards for who goes on that list. It's something like $30 a year for a subscription, but well worth it to me.

Thank you! I will look into that option. I certainly want to make sure that I am doing anything and everything possible to keep my baby healthy! I appreciate your response.
Hmh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

We are using Wellness Core puppy and I use freeze-dried liver (Stewart Pro Treat) and duck as training treats and freeze-dried bully sticks for chewing.

I will be interested to see what others are using
little bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysmom View Post
Fromms puppy is a good one, though my girls didnt do so well on it. I put my third pup on Sojo's goat. It's dehydrated raw. She's still on it and still thriving.
Here's the link to dog food advisor for puppy foods.
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-...st_drypup_list
Thank you for this link!
little bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement