Ling Ling got a new haircut today 💕 - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2020, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Abbey, Ava, Asia, and Chyna

She looks beautiful!! I know what you mean by having too much hair! I just had my puppy's hair cut off and now I an see her adorable face!

You have a great groomer!

Abby, Ava, Asia, Adele and Chyna
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysmom View Post
Thank you...she had so much hair and was in a full coat. Sheís in a Korean cut now, where they shave the middle area but leave legs full. Itís just easier to manage.
As far as tools, I have a poodle comb that I use the most on my long coat girls. I also have CC butter combs, wood brush, pin brush and a madden pin brush.
Iíve been using the new Wet brush Flex and love it. Itís very flexible and easy on their skin/coat, especially good for mats, no tugging.
I use all Les Pooch shampoos and conditioners on my girls, and Paul Mitchell ginger mint detangler.
Occasionally, Iíll use a deep mask by Goldwell or Kerastase on my girls but the Les Pooch seems to be very hydrating, without weighing down their hair.
I was going to private message you, but others may be interested too. Sorry for so many q's!
Where is a good source for Les Pooch?
I'm guessing you use the brightening shampoo?
Which Les Pooch conditioner?
I found something called wet brush flex for people---is that it?
I have a comb that looks just like the CC buttercomb. Do you think the CC one is better than others?

And sorry that autocorrect changed your dog's name to Ling Long in my post!
kayanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I was going to private message you, but others may be interested too. Sorry for so many q's!
Where is a good source for Les Pooch?
I'm guessing you use the brightening shampoo?
Which Les Pooch conditioner?
I found something called wet brush flex for people---is that it?
I have a comb that looks just like the CC buttercomb. Do you think the CC one is better than others?

And sorry that autocorrect changed your dog's name to Ling Long in my post!
Here is the link to Les Pooch.
https://lespoochs.com/
I order directly thru them. If you call, they are great about telling you about promotions they may be running that are not on the website. I use their hypoallergenic line the most, though I use their micro encapsulated conditioner when Iím looking for more hydration. I donít use their whitener because they come out really clean and white without, though I do have it.
They recommend diluting their products down, if so, you need to use distilled water, otherwise the product or any product can grow bacteria.
The Paul Mitchell spray detangler is better than Les Pooch, imo.
As far as combs...I have several other kinds but I personally think the butter combs are much more gentle on their coats and slide effortlessly thru.
The flex brush I order directly thru wet brush (for people) because, I received a few knock offs from Amazon that broke right away and werenít as flexible.

Did I leave anything out?

Old 01-12-2020, 09:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
She looks beautiful!! I know what you mean by having too much hair! I just had my puppy's hair cut off and now I an see her adorable face!

You have a great groomer!
Thanku! I wish this groomer was more reliable. She hardly shows up to work,so it’s a real gamble getting her. I was lucky this time. She did do a great job.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Ling Long is beautiful! At first I thought that photo was the "before" shot, until I saw there was no "after" shot. Her hair is still so full and long and gorgeous!

I was just wondering today what tools/supplies I should have if I let Zita's hair grow long. I've always kept my Malteses' hair short, but I'm thinking about trying long at least for a while. Do you have recommendations for brushes, sprays, etc?
Thank you...she had so much hair and was in a full coat. She’s in a Korean cut now, where they shave the middle area but leave legs full. It’s just easier to manage.
As far as tools, I have a poodle comb that I use the most on my long coat girls. I also have CC butter combs, wood brush, pin brush and a madden pin brush.
I’ve been using the new Wet brush Flex and love it. It’s very flexible and easy on their skin/coat, especially good for mats, no tugging.
I use all Les Pooch shampoos and conditioners on my girls, and Paul Mitchell ginger mint detangler.
Occasionally, I’ll use a deep mask by Goldwell or Kerastase on my girls but the Les Pooch seems to be very hydrating, without weighing down their hair.
The hair masks you mentioned are those made for dogs or humans?
Melitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is the link to Les Pooch.
https://lespoochs.com/
I order directly thru them. If you call, they are great about telling you about promotions they may be running that are not on the website. I use their hypoallergenic line the most, though I use their micro encapsulated conditioner when Iím looking for more hydration. I donít use their whitener because they come out really clean and white without, though I do have it.
They recommend diluting their products down, if so, you need to use distilled water, otherwise the product or any product can grow bacteria.
The Paul Mitchell spray detangler is better than Les Pooch, imo.
As far as combs...I have several other kinds but I personally think the butter combs are much more gentle on their coats and slide effortlessly thru.
The flex brush I order directly thru wet brush (for people) because, I received a few knock offs from Amazon that broke right away and werenít as flexible.

Did I leave anything out?
Thank you so much for all that detailed information!!

One more q: do you use the detangler every time you brush, or only after a bath?
kayanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melitx View Post
The hair masks you mentioned are those made for dogs or humans?
Humans. My girls are very sensitive to product, so do well with these.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Thank you so much for all that detailed information!!

One more q: do you use the detangler every time you brush, or only after a bath?
I use conditioner every time I bath them and detangler in between for any tangles or mats

This a before and after with Suki with Les Pooch.
Attached Thumbnails
Ling Ling got a new haircut today 💕-dd298167-e51f-4b43-83f6-f455e8415f86.jpeg   Ling Ling got a new haircut today 💕-a6085303-5ebb-4078-b3fd-502aa2e5c887.jpg  
Old 01-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paulann
Dog's Name: Abella (6 yrs old)

Joanne, You are amazing!!!

I love Ling Lings new haircut . I am jealous of her thick hair. Abella does not have thick hair and it tends to go frizzy so I am always deep conditioning it yet trying not to weigh it down to much . Your girls always look amazing and so well groomed........I don't know how you do it. I just have Abella and it seems Im always washing, trimming or cutting something on her!

"Life is good - Life with a Maltese is great!"
Attached Thumbnails
Ling Ling got a new haircut today 💕-img_9726.jpg  
Abella's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

To precious, now you will never be able to say no to those BIG eyes.
She's got you wrapped around her paws Joanne