Iím sorry, another pix! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2020, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012
Default Iím sorry, another pix!

I canít stop looking at Ling Ling..she is so stinking cute in her new cut. Her feet, unbeknownst to me, move sooo fast!
Poor little one had so much hair, I think it slowed her down.
Here she is this morning. Sorry for the dirty face pix...she couldnít wait to go out to play.
Attached Thumbnails
-f8140256-6eb5-4ebb-9bb9-fe716db44685.jpg   -a27767af-1fac-4aec-a9e0-4433b307bfc4.jpg  
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

No need to apologize! Ling Ling is beee-uuuu-tiful! I'd been on the fence about keeping Zita in a puppy cut or trying a long style. Your pictures pushed me toward trying long! I never had our previous Maltese (Lily) in a long style, but I have more time for grooming now, so I think it will be fun to try!
kayanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
No need to apologize! Ling Ling is beee-uuuu-tiful! I'd been on the fence about keeping Zita in a puppy cut or trying a long style. Your pictures pushed me toward trying long! I never had our previous Maltese (Lily) in a long style, but I have more time for grooming now, so I think it will be fun to try!
I would let Zita grow out at least once if you never had a malt with long coat before. Itís a totally different look, more elegant, imo.
My Ling has a massive amount of hair and I couldnít manage it at all, otherwise I loved it long. She is also, or can be my biter, so if I at all pissed her off, I wasnít able to finish grooming her. Now, with it shorter, it wonít be such a worry, if that doesnít happen.

Pix is her in full coat.
Attached Thumbnails
-cd001810-8a6b-4c85-91d9-e4b3332c9144.jpg  

Old 01-13-2020, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Ling Ling,
Joanne she is absolutely adorable, I like her new look, I have kept my girls in that cut for a long while
My groomer decided to stop doing the cut, so I have been growing my girls coats long
Maddie has fine hair, she looks better in the Asian cut
Geneva has a heavy beautiful coat it takes me a lot of time for now I will keep her long,

I have always been amazed at how you care for your beautiful girls.
I think Ling Ling looks like a puppy
Old 01-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Love Ling Lings new "look". Since Chrissy's hair is so thick, I have to keep it short since I am not able to take of her with longer hair.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Presley, and Sissy at the bridge

Joanne, maybe she bit you because she had tangles. Now she will be so much happier.

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggle's Mom View Post
Love Ling Lings new "look". Since Chrissy's hair is so thick, I have to keep it short since I am not able to take of her with longer hair.
Thank you! I will have to remind myself, when she starts growing out of how much work they are, otherwise I could be tempted to let it grow again.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Joanne, maybe she bit you because she had tangles. Now she will be so much happier.
One would think, right? I tried to gently pat her yesterday a.m and she went for my hand. As long as she can see my hands and believe me, she watches every move, Iím able to pat her around her face, front paws, chest. If I move anywhere her eyes cant follow, she will bite.
I thought her hair must have been matted , but the groomer confirmed yesterday that she had no mats. She never really did tangle or mat. She did always growl while bathed or groomed, but I could always redirect her. Last week, I could not, and it progressively got worse as the week went on.
She isnít sick, not in pain and is fine if anyone else touches her on her backside but me.
The groomer who does their nails, watches her growl when I pick her up etc. she thinks she does it because she knows Iím afraid of her. Iím actually petrified of her.
Iíll have to hire a trainer to come. That said, no one or no training is going to take my fear away from her when she gets like this.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paulann
Dog's Name: Abella (6 yrs old)

Joanne, Is this new behavior with Ling Ling? I know I find Abella is getting a little more "grumpy" in her older age. She watches me like a hawk to see what I'm reaching for when I'm grooming her in the morning . If I pick up her little pink safety scissors she gets real "squirmy" (I use those to trim her butt or pads, etc.). Funny if I'm reaching for anything else - like her comb, brush, toothbrush, nail clippers, etc. she just lets out a deep sigh of relief and puts her head back down on my lap.

I love this new cut on Ling Ling- it looks so cute . I am not talented enough to tackle this kind of a haircut myself. One thing about long coat its easy to cut....Unless Abella is in one of those "moods" where she is uncooperative and lifts up one leg or stands crooked!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abella's Mommy View Post
Joanne, Is this new behavior with Ling Ling? I know I find Abella is getting a little more "grumpy" in her older age. She watches me like a hawk to see what I'm reaching for when I'm grooming her in the morning . If I pick up her little pink safety scissors she gets real "squirmy" (I use those to trim her butt or pads, etc.). Funny if I'm reaching for anything else - like her comb, brush, toothbrush, nail clippers, etc. she just lets out a deep sigh of relief and puts her head back down on my lap.

I love this new cut on Ling Ling- it looks so cute . I am not talented enough to tackle this kind of a haircut myself. One thing about long coat its easy to cut....Unless Abella is in one of those "moods" where she is uncooperative and lifts up one leg or stands crooked!
Paulann...I wouldnít dare tackle this cut on this Fluff. I try to keep our relationship positive and she hates being washed and groomed. I sent her to a groomer, who is poodle show breeder. Her dogs always look amazing, so I knew she understood what I wanted. Sheís not the most reliable, but excellent at what she does.
Itís not new behavior. It started when she got spay around 17-18 months old. She got a huge mat on her side, from the jelly they used around her belly during surgery.
That was 3 years ago. Itís been difficult but Iíve been able to manage her, until last week she attacked me out of no where, when I went to brush her.
Sheís very jumpy when I attempt to touch her on her backside, though, she loves her bum rubbed.
One would think sheís in pain but my plumber just came in and was rubbing her all over. I was cringing. She was awesome with him. If she was in pain, there would be no way she would have let him rub her back, head, belly etc.
Groomer said the same...she was awesome for her and very sweet.
Itís me...and I donít know why.
Advertisement