I can't help myself! - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2020, 10:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Yes, Paulann, we do face-time & I get videos & phots every single day---it just makes me miss him more! He is now 3 mornings (3 hrs only) in a nursery while my DD writes her Ph D. and holds down a part time job. I really don't know how she does that. He is a really good baby & takes everything in stride. He is so happy. She was the same way & in fact, she still is.
I am seeing a vascular surgeon this Fri to see if he can advise me on what route to take. I need to find not just pain appeasement but the source of the problem. I refuse to lie down & play dead!
I want to go abroad in the summer but know that this won't be possible IF I can't find some pain relief---I am highly motivated. We want to see part of the French Open (tennis) in Paris, if possible. Lots of ideas floating around but nothing nailed down.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paulann
Dog's Name: Abella (6 yrs old)

Sandi - I love your spunk!!! I agree you are way to young to lie down and play dead and have way too much to do/see in this amazing world. I too will be praying for this vascular surgeon to provide answers during Fridays appointment.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

He's gorgeous, Sandi! Really an angelic little face. I know you wish you could love on him from near rather than far.
I know how you're feeling with your back. I'm in much the same boat. In pain almost all the time when I walk or stand. I'm okay when I sit or lay down. Seeing another spinal orthopedist in two weeks to see what he says. After PT, acupuncture, rest, massage still no relief. Using a cane now to relieve the pain of all my weight on my right leg where the shooting pins and needles go all the way down to the toes.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
He's gorgeous, Sandi! Really an angelic little face. I know you wish you could love on him from near rather than far.
I know how you're feeling with your back. I'm in much the same boat. In pain almost all the time when I walk or stand. I'm okay when I sit or lay down. Seeing another spinal orthopedist in two weeks to see what he says. After PT, acupuncture, rest, massage still no relief. Using a cane now to relieve the pain of all my weight on my right leg where the shooting pins and needles go all the way down to the toes.
Sue, I really am sorry---it sounds a lot like sciatica? I have tried all of those things too without much relief. Maybe it comes from having compact bodies?
On a more serious note, I am not taking the pain meds---can't even take ibuprofen because of my vascular issues. I could take the Gabapentin but it has too many side-effects for me. I am a "do not take meds kind of person" because I feel the side effects are worse than the "disease." I will continue w/the injections though even though they only give temp. relief from the occipital headaches, as they are totally natural. I also continue w/massage---temp. but good! Lidocaine patches give some relief (script %).
So, should we meet up at the "old" folks home? We could bring our canes!
I plan to keep moving as much as I can, but I have to stop trimming the pups for now due to a tremor.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement