Sunday's joke - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl
Default Sunday's joke

THE BOTTLE OF WINE

For all of us who are married, were married, wish you were married, or wish you weren't married, this is something to smile about the next time you see a bottle of wine:

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road.

As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride.

With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.

Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

'What in bag?' asked the old woman.

Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, 'It's bottle of wine. I got it for my husband.'

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said:

'Good trade.....'

=

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Casper (KR/AM Ch Great Master of Angela White KR) and (Forever in my heart) Lucky

Very funny - you anxious to get back to the US?
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Old 06-03-2018, 05:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
Very funny - you anxious to get back to the US?
My heart is divided! I LOVE Europe--spent yesterday near the Slovakian border at Schloss Hoff (Prince Eugene''s summer castle/residence) showing Marco all the things I love. I posted a ton of photos on FB if you go there--my FB name is Sandi Dogget. I have a very busy last week coming up this week here---so much will be left undone when I leave---another reason to come back.
I am presently planning a women's retreat in Greece for mid-Sept. if nothing gets in the way. An old friend will go w/me & Dwt. will keep the pups at home!
I just hope it isn't too stressful for Lisi. She lost her ear flap the last time I tried this.
On the other hand I am wondering if anything in TX in my garden is still alive? We put in a sprinkler & irrigation system & new grass/sod front & back just before leaving w/no one really caring for it---so we will see---it has been very, very hot & dry there. There is already a burn ban for outside the city limits.
Dwt. returns tonight & we will be off & running to get our list fulfilled.
I just wish I had a trip to MASS planned for soon!

"Wag more Bark less"
Old 06-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Presley, and Sissy at the bridge

:HistericalSmi ley:

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Casper (KR/AM Ch Great Master of Angela White KR) and (Forever in my heart) Lucky

It is going to be back to normal in terms of temps here - high 60s low 70s; it has been too hot and humid the last few days. I do not enjoy travel as much as I did when I was young. I have lived in the same house for nearly 60 years with some breaks for college, so I enjoy waking up and seeing my mountains every morning. In each direction, you look there are mountains, and to me they are like old friends.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
It is going to be back to normal in terms of temps here - high 60s low 70s; it has been too hot and humid the last few days. I do not enjoy travel as much as I did when I was young. I have lived in the same house for nearly 60 years with some breaks for college, so I enjoy waking up and seeing my mountains every morning. In each direction, you look there are mountains, and to me they are like old friends.
I love both the mountains & the ocean -- it would be difficult to choose which one I would love to live by----maybe 6 months at one & 6 months at the other! And then 6 months in Europe & 6 months in US.
How very fortunate you are to have kept the same house/roots for such a long time. One thing I can not do is cold weather so maybe I have to live by the ocean.

"Wag more Bark less"
Old 06-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Denise
Dog's Name: Aviannah - We call her Avi or Avia