Do you want to play a game - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2018, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Casper (KR/AM Ch Great Master of Angela White KR) and (Forever in my heart) Lucky
Default Do you want to play a game

,So every week my washer dryer returns fewer socks than I put in them. So every week I throw the unmatched socks into a basket and then every few months, I sort through looking for matches. I probably end up matching 30%. I have even tried those clips that keep the socks together in the wash; they go missing. I may just end up getting basic black and basic white and basic brown socks and just not worry about having to match.

This is a true picture of what I have in my unmatched basket.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Casper (KR/AM Ch Great Master of Angela White KR) and (Forever in my heart) Lucky

ooh I see a match 200 to go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2018, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

My daughter has that happen too!!!!! She says the washer eats them.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Kathy,

You were thinking about your mother a couple of days ago. I plant a lot of peas every year and much of this week, I have been harvesting and freezing. Every year, I would pull the vines and my mother and I would sit on the front steps and we would pull the pods of the vines and then go instead and in the living room, turn tv on and shell the peas. We would be at it for hours. The sock sort - I would dump the basket on the dining room table and we would sort. Halloween - I am very generous with candy and will make up baggies -we would do that together. It was not the labor, it was our activities, what we would do year after year. These are the times I think about her the most.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
Kathy,

You were thinking about your mother a couple of days ago. I plant a lot of peas every year and much of this week, I have been harvesting and freezing. Every year, I would pull the vines and my mother and I would sit on the front steps and we would pull the pods of the vines and then go instead and in the living room, turn tv on and shell the peas. We would be at it for hours. The sock sort - I would dump the basket on the dining room table and we would sort. Halloween - I am very generous with candy and will make up baggies -we would do that together. It was not the labor, it was our activities, what we would do year after year. These are the times I think about her the most.
Walter, that is better than trying to do a Ravenswood puzzle!
Since I lost both of my parents at a fairly early age my memories are dimmer than yours & Kathys, but I hold a few very close to my heart. My mom never realized she is what would be known today as a "gourmet" cook, and an avid organic gardner---before it was a popular trend. I owe my love of many things to her---in fact, I more physically resemble her than any of my other brothers or sisters as well. I even see her in Marco.
We need to embrace the things we love & pass them on----but hey, throw those sox away & start over, life is too short to sort sox!

"Wag more Bark less"

Last edited by edelweiss; 06-30-2018 at 01:00 PM.
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Presley, and Sissy at the bridge

Walter, you have alot of socks! If you have that many without matches you must have a whole dresser just for socks!

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
Kathy,

I envy you Walter that you can think about the things you did with your Mom. I can't do that yet without feeling like my heart is being ripped out of my chest so I have to try to avoid thinking about her just yet. I'm sure that day will come for me too.

I think you need to buy just all black socks and then you will never have to worry about the sock monster eating them...

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Last edited by pippersmom; 06-30-2018 at 01:12 PM.
pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sherry,

Justin Trudeau would be envious. And it is two drawers worth. I probably have about 150 pairs when they are all matched. It is funny, I have tons of socks. They never seem to wear out, but as styles change, I go out and get more. And to show my age, I recently bought some knee length compression socks for when I am on my feet all day, traveling.

Kathy,

You will get there.

Sandi,

But the joy of finding a match.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Denise
Dog's Name: Aviannah - We call her Avi or Avia

That is a lot of socks indeed! If Aviannah were there she would add a bit more fun to the matching game by adding in a little hide and go seek. That girl loves to run off with socks! Have you tried a garment bag Walter? I have three and and use them a lot.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Joanne
Dog's Name: Lacie 3/11/12, Suki 1/4/14, Ling Ling 5/2/15, Casey 1990-2008)(Maddy 1998-2012

I'm with you Walter...I lose more socks and have tried every gadget possible. For the life of me...I don't know where they go! It's mind boggling!!
Advertisement