December 10, 2009 - BYBs and PMill Ads - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Coco from Angel Maltese and Lola from Tajon Maltese

Maltese Puppies
Beautiful Maltese Puppies for Sale Buy now online
www.ContentedPuppies.com

Maltese Puppies for Sale
Breeders of Quality AKC Maltese Puppies for Show and Companionship.
donrynmaltese.com

Purchasing from backyard breeders, pet shops and puppymills only
perpetuates suffering.
Break the cycle and do some good.
Educate yourself about reputable breeders and adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Yung
Dog's Name: Joy

QUOTE (MaryH @ Dec 10 2009, 12:08 PM)
Quote:
QUOTE (admin @ Dec 10 2009, 10:19 AM)
Quote:
Ok, let's get started for today.

Post your links folks! Don't worry if they're duplicated.[/B]

May I ask a couple of questions?? Is the intent to remove ads for bybs and mills or for all breeders? And for all breeds or just Maltese?

Thanks,

MaryH
[/B][/QUOTE]

The intent really is to block links that you guys/gals find offensive.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Membership Suspended

Send a message via Yahoo to Starsmom

Before Cherub Maltese is blocked I think it should be determined if they fit the class intended for ad blocking. I started a thread last night Cherub Maltese... ( that has benn missed/ignored) asking this same question. It would be totally unfair to block an ad simply because it appears within a grouping of obviously puppy mills and broker ads.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Membership Suspended

Send a message via Yahoo to Starsmom

Prince & Princess Pets Specializing in Tcup Toy Puppies Adorable Cute Healthy Puppies www.PrinceAndPrincessStore.com

Labrador Retriever Pups - Extremely Well Bred Working Dogs
Health, Disposition & Intelligence
www.TrinityLabs.net
Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Steve, Fat Amy, Echo and Trixie
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

QUOTE (Starsmom @ Dec 10 2009, 10:43 AM)
Quote:
Before Cherub Maltese is blocked I think it should be determined if they fit the class intended for ad blocking. I started a thread last night Cherub Maltese... ( that has benn missed/ignored) asking this same question. It would be totally unfair to block an ad simply because it appears within a grouping of obviously puppy mills and broker ads. [/B]
Personally I'm not crazy about the 'tinies' advertising by Cherub. That would be my only concern in leaving it unblocked. I don't really care for anybody who tries to corner the 'tiny' market, but that is my own personal opinion.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mandy
Dog's Name: Richelieu's White Tornado RN, RL1, CGC & Bellarata's Little Miss Sunshine

QUOTE (Starsmom @ Dec 10 2009, 10:43 AM)
Quote:
Before Cherub Maltese is blocked I think it should be determined if they fit the class intended for ad blocking. I started a thread last night Cherub Maltese... ( that has benn missed/ignored) asking this same question. It would be totally unfair to block an ad simply because it appears within a grouping of obviously puppy mills and broker ads. [/B]
IMO - There shouldn't be any breeder ads up there: whether they are reputable, BYB or a mill. I think there is a difference in posting threads and asking questions, or people saying, "Hey so and so has puppies" and an Ad there for everyone to see and click on.

"If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of them."
~Phil Pastoret

Jax Video
Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sue
Dog's Name: Boo & Hannah

QUOTE (Starsmom @ Dec 10 2009, 11:43 AM)
Quote:
I wondered the same about the donrynmaltese on the google ads, because when I checked it out, it had the look of a legit breeder site & the breeder even talks about Joyce Watkins as her mentor & has pics of their show dogs. I've gotten pretty good at recognizing puppymill & byb sites, but this one confused me,since I've read many times that reputable breeders don't advertise like that.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Suzan
Dog's Name: Keiko & Nikki

This is so crazy to me.

Now there will be discussions and questions as to whether the google ads that are selling Maltese are ads for legit breeders or puppy mills?

Does anyone else besides me see the irony in this?

How can you ban people from selling dogs on a forum, yet at the same time allow ads for the selling of dogs on the forum?

Maybe I'm a purist or a nut case, but playing "find the puppymill ad" quick, before someone buys a dog from them, seems like a tiny band aid on a huge problem.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brit
Dog's Name: Cosy from Bonnie's Angel Maltese
Send a message via AIM to Cosy

I thought there is no advertising from breeders on SM at all so therefore all ads pertaining to breeding should
be prohibited, no?

Please buy from reputable
exhibitor breeders or Rescue.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mary

QUOTE (Nikki's Mom @ Dec 10 2009, 01:44 PM)
Quote:
This is so crazy to me.

Now there will be discussions and questions as to whether the google ads that are selling Maltese are ads for legit breeders or puppy mills?

Does anyone else besides me see the irony in this?

How can you ban people from selling dogs on a forum, yet at the same time allow ads for the selling of dogs on the forum?

Maybe I'm a purist or a nut case, but playing "find the puppymill ad" quick, before someone buys a dog from them, seems like a tiny band aid on a huge problem.[/B]
Suzan - I couldn't agree more.

And to the Marshas -- personally I would not lump either Cherub Maltese or Donryn Maltese in with bybs and millers. Just my opinion. And, as I said yesterday, someone who I think is great someone else may disagree. If this site bans puppy sales it should be across the board -- the good, the bad and the <strike>ugly</strike> tiny!! Rating breeders is like judging figure skating ... subjective, political and personal.

MaryH

If we are to achieve a richer culture, rich in contrasting values, we must recognize the whole gamut of human potentialities, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse human gift will find a fitting place. - Margaret Mead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread