December 10, 2009 - BYBs and PMill Ads - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

To me it is pretty easy to know the reputable breeders.

They don't sell "Tea Cups" or Designers. Their contract is a huge giveaway. The testing they do, which is on their web sites, says bundles to me.

Go to any of the Superintendents sites, go to the results section, Maltese, and look at who is showing. Google the names and contact them. Sure bet on these good folks.

Sites are...
www.infodog.com
www.royjonesdogshows.com
www.onofrio.com

I see nothing wrong with posting the sites of byb's or unethical breeders. Easy to pick out as all they care about is selling puppies.
I think this is a great Thread.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Yung
Dog's Name: Joy

Look, this new forum area and the threads started will be used based on an honour system. I am not versed at what is and what isn't which is why I am relying on the community to help. I am hoping you guys will not post links to block people who are legit businesses (from an ethical standpoint I guess) just because you have a beef against them. The links we are blocking are made public for everyone to see. So if someone accidentally or purposefully puts up a link to block that shouldn't be blocked, we can unblock it.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Maureen
Dog's Name: Cherry Lola, (Bonnies Angels) Penny Lane, (Spunsilk)

I am not sure Cherub should be blocked either. After looking at their site, they specifically have a page on teacups, saying there is no such thing and talking about BYB.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Yung
Dog's Name: Joy

We will address what should be blocked in more detail.. actually, K/C mom is going to do that.

ALso, we have brought back image-only ads and not the text ads everyone despised. This was Joe's suggestion.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: k/c Mom

Yung and I have "met" and decided on the following rule as it applies to which banner ads are acceptable and which ones are not.

Since the advertisement of animal sales is not allowed on SM, it will also not be allowed on the banner ads.

This includes all ads, no matter what type of breeder they are from. Another reason for this is that we do not want to

get in to a situation of deciding (arguing) who is and who isn't a reputable breeder. This will not be the point.

It doesn't matter how well known or reputable the breeder is. No ads for animals can be displayed directly on SM

nor can they be displayed indirectly through Google ads.

All banner advertisements related to the sale of animals should be reported.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sue
Dog's Name: Boo & Hannah

QUOTE (admin @ Dec 10 2009, 02:04 PM)
Quote:
We will address what should be blocked in more detail.. actually, K/C mom is going to do that.

ALso, we have brought back image-only ads and not the text ads everyone despised. This was Joe's suggestion.[/B]
Thank you.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Puppy and Beegee

QUOTE (K/C Mom @ Dec 10 2009, 03:09 PM)
Quote:
Yung and I have "met" and decided on the following rule as it applies to which banner ads are acceptable and which ones are not.

Since the advertisement of animal sales is not allowed on SM, it will also not be allowed on the banner ads.

This includes all ads, no matter what type of breeder they are from. Another reason for this is that we do not want to

get in to a situation of deciding (arguing) who is and who isn't a reputable breeder. This will not be the point.

It doesn't matter how well known or reputable the breeder is. No ads for animals can be displayed directly on SM

[/B]
Thank you so much for your efforts, Sher and Yung! I think I speak for all of us when I say that it is a privilege to be part of a community where the voices are heard and the values of the community are upheld. I think you took decisive action and made the best call for us such that we do not spend everyday arguing about who is a legit breeder and who is not. Thank you very much!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Maureen
Dog's Name: Cherry Lola, (Bonnies Angels) Penny Lane, (Spunsilk)

Quote:

[/B]
Excellent idea! The only safe way. It would be awful to label someone without really knowing.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lynne
Dog's Name: Angel, Annie, Speckles
Send a message via AIM to angel's mom Send a message via Yahoo to angel's mom

Sounds like a good solution to me. Thank you

Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin), & the original...Zoe in heaven

Quote:

[/B]
Oh my. I was going on that assumption all along and was just reporting any and all breeder ads. Yep....a good decision. Thanks!

Closed Thread