December 10, 2009 - BYBs and PMill Ads - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Coco from Angel Maltese and Lola from Tajon Maltese

QUOTE (Starsmom @ Dec 10 2009, 12:43 PM)
Quote:
Before Cherub Maltese is blocked I think it should be determined if they fit the class intended for ad blocking. I started a thread last night Cherub Maltese... ( that has benn missed/ignored) asking this same question. It would be totally unfair to block an ad simply because it appears within a grouping of obviously puppy mills and broker ads. [/B]
Actually, I'm not sure it would. Before the new owners took over, Joe never allowed advertising by breeders of any kind--even though it tends to slip by in a sly way. LOL!

Purchasing from backyard breeders, pet shops and puppymills only
perpetuates suffering.
Break the cycle and do some good.
Educate yourself about reputable breeders and adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Coco from Angel Maltese and Lola from Tajon Maltese

QUOTE (Cosy @ Dec 10 2009, 01:49 PM)
Quote:
I thought there is no advertising from breeders on SM at all so therefore all ads pertaining to breeding should
be prohibited, no?[/B]

Oops, guess I should have kept reading before I responded to that post. Sorry, but that was my understanding, as well, Brit.

Purchasing from backyard breeders, pet shops and puppymills only
perpetuates suffering.
Break the cycle and do some good.
Educate yourself about reputable breeders and adoption.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: TINA
Send a message via MSN to Tina

QUOTE (Starsmom @ Dec 10 2009, 11:43 AM)
Quote:
Before Cherub Maltese is blocked I think it should be determined if they fit the class intended for ad blocking. I started a thread last night Cherub Maltese... ( that has benn missed/ignored) asking this same question. It would be totally unfair to block an ad simply because it appears within a grouping of obviously puppy mills and broker ads. [/B]
http://www.donrynmaltese.com this kennel is a reputable breeder. She shows quite a few dogs from Joyce Watkins.

Come enjoy the MAGIC of Maltese

ADAM
MAGIC'S BELIEVE IN SOMETHING BETTER

"I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
joe
Administrator

ok, so lets get this on track, we are not debating who is or who isnt a reputable breeder in this forum, lets use this forum to post links we know are byb/puppymills first and foremost, so that they can be removed immediately, the public spoke and VS has responded, and to take it a step further VS has honored our no animal sales policy and will delete those ads also

the above combined with them switching back to image only ads, just as I ran them, will almost eliminate any byb/puppymill from being advertised here at SM, which is absolutely awesome, I applaud VS for their stance

does this mean a byb/pm ad will never show here, no, but it will now be a very slim chance and we have an avenue to have it exploited and deleted and Yung will work hard for all of you to make it happen, my life is a little crazy now but trust me, I am still committed to making SM the best it can be, thanks to Sher and Yung for putting their heads together and bringing this plan to action, and thank all of you for your patience as it was worked out

"I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be."
Old 12-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deb
Dog's Name: Jops,Sammie,Frankie,LBB,Henry,Daisy,Lulu

QUOTE (K/C Mom @ Dec 10 2009, 03:09 PM)
Quote:
Yung and I have "met" and decided on the following rule as it applies to which banner ads are acceptable and which ones are not.

Since the advertisement of animal sales is not allowed on SM, it will also not be allowed on the banner ads.

This includes all ads, no matter what type of breeder they are from. Another reason for this is that we do not want to

get in to a situation of deciding (arguing) who is and who isn't a reputable breeder. This will not be the point.

It doesn't matter how well known or reputable the breeder is. No ads for animals can be displayed directly on SM

nor can they be displayed indirectly through Google ads.

All banner advertisements related to the sale of animals should be reported.
[/B]

Sher, Joe, and Yung,

You are too cool for school. Yep, report them all. Hey, I call it, as I "see" it.

All my love, LBB

Oh, and mom is the one who told me. Yep, she said, "NO SALES ALLOWED"!! She did, you guys, she raised her voice to ME!!!

I just rolled my "eyes", and said, "whatever, lady. I did notice you have put a price tag on me!! Yes, mom, I'm aware of the the $2000 tag"

Deb: You nut case. The $2000 tag, is what I've offered to PAY SOMEONE TO TAKE YOU!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Yung
Dog's Name: Joy

Ok,

All links added to our block list.

Topic closed for today. New one starting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread