Posting Images - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Name: Yung
Dog's Name: Joy
Default Posting Images

Hi everyone,

There are a few ways you can post images in vBulletin. Hope this Tutorial will help you.

Option One:

Uploading an image that is stored on YOUR computer.

When you create a new thread or you are replying to a post, you can upload an image that is stored on your computer.

If you scroll down below the text box where you enter in your post, you should see an option named "Attach Files".

There is a button there called "Manage Attachments."

Click on this and a window should pop up for you to browse for the image on your computer to upload.

Please note, using this method to post an image results in the image being automatically resized to our default thumbnail specs. It's a pretty big thumbnail actually.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Option 2

This is for posting an image that is stored anywhere on the internet (photobucket, myspace, flickr, google)... even our very own SM community.

Option 2 can also be used when you're sending a private message.

Again, when you are creating a message or replying to a thread, you should see the generic text box. Above the actual area where you type in your message, you should see a number of icons and options (similar to what you would see on something like Microsoft Word). Among these options and icons, you have the choice to BOLD your text, choose font color, font size, insert a link AND insert an image. The icon to insert an image is the yellow icon that has two mountains. Click on this icon and you will be prompted to insert the URL (the web address) of where this image is hosted on the internet.

Using this method bypasses the automatic thumbnail resizing so in theory, you can insert really really large images. However, I am sure we will talk about this and introduce rules for this because inserting a really large image could severely hamper the user experience (especially for people with slower internet connections).
Old 03-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brit
Dog's Name: Cosy from Bonnie's Angel Maltese
Send a message via AIM to Cosy

Testing too. Oops, sorry, wrong thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Posting Images-bluesuedecoat.jpg  

Please buy from reputable
exhibitor breeders or Rescue.

Last edited by Cosy; 03-09-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread. Apologizing.
Cosy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Yung ... is this you answering our questions? : )

I just wanted to say I love your avatar! Adorable fluff baby!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: CeeCee (Jacob Maltese) Rain (Bonnie's Angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi everyone,

There are a few ways you can post images in vBulletin. Hope this Tutorial will help you.

Option One:

Uploading an image that is stored on YOUR computer.

When you create a new thread or you are replying to a post, you can upload an image that is stored on your computer.

If you scroll down below the text box where you enter in your post, you should see an option named "Attach Files".

There is a button there called "Manage Attachments."

Click on this and a window should pop up for you to browse for the image on your computer to upload.

Please note, using this method to post an image results in the image being automatically resized to our default thumbnail specs. It's a pretty big thumbnail actually.
I tried to post pics that I just took with my camera. They are a rather large size but I understood that this software would automatically resize them for me. It was from my pictures on my computer. What happened, it did not do anything.......it told me to wait...forgot exactly the phrase but I waited and waited and waited. There were 4 pics but it did not do anything. What happened???? I posted a pic in the test section and it did fine. Please advise............

I am going to edit this......I just need to resize the pics before posting like I did before or I can't get but one or two in a post. It will not accept anymore than that. My problem is I don't know how to resize them on my Canon EOS digital camera.......
Old 03-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge
Default Testing

I just love watching Matilda, especially with

Last edited by Matilda's mommy; 07-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Matilda's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kim
Dog's Name: Nissa Fiona and Nya Felicia

And, the nice thing is if you click on the picture, it enlarges to look at to an even bigger size.

Nissa Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee's Mom View Post
I tried to post pics that I just took with my camera. They are a rather large size but I understood that this software would automatically resize them for me. It was from my pictures on my computer. What happened, it did not do anything.......it told me to wait...forgot exactly the phrase but I waited and waited and waited. There were 4 pics but it did not do anything. What happened???? I posted a pic in the test section and it did fine. Please advise............

I am going to edit this......I just need to resize the pics before posting like I did before or I can't get but one or two in a post. It will not accept anymore than that. My problem is I don't know how to resize them on my Canon EOS digital camera.......
CeeCee's Mom:

Are you over your upload attachment space allotment? My stats show you have about 171 attachments but it doesn't show me your overall upload space. Send me a PM and I'll help you troubleshoot this.

Yung

Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
mss
Maltese Guru

I've tried using the "insert image" icon with the two mountains for the last day or so, and it isn't working for me. Just blank space.

Later I went back and keyed in [img] and [/img] around the url of one of the photos, and it worked.
mss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
KAG
Maltese Guru

Name: Kerry
Dog's Name: Lola and Crisse in Heaven, Darla and Fallon
Heart