Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Cook books anyone?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Katkoota 
#1 ·
It's 3:30 AM here, I am still up and guess what I am looking for? Good, easy and healthy recipes cooking books:w00t: (despite the fact that I have a LONG day tomorrow which starts at 6 AM, then ending it with quite the work out session with my personal trainer).

I wonder, do you have a favorite book (in relation to cooking and food)?

Now if you know me well, I'm not a big fan of this topic, but I wanna get more creative in it and have a better control of what to / what not to include in my meals. Goal is to stay fit and healthier. I'm sure being better @cooking it will help :D i guess i am looking for an easy recipy type of book.

So please share your list of cooking books (title /author) that you like (if any) :)

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Iam Sure no Cook--Its Sad because i used to be a really good cook--Oh Those were the days!!! What I Wanted to tell you is --use the internet--just type anything you want to learn to cook in and--its there.
Its Like Having Millions Of Books--Just Save And Print--Or Make A File And Keep Them All There. I Do That For Cookie recipes. Nickee In Pa*

#4 ·
I have my old standby "The Joy of Cooking" that I use a lot because it has anything and everything. I have some Martha Stewart and Ina Garten books. I often use the web for recipes. I'll sometimes google the food I want to make and sometimes add Ina Garten's name to find recipes. Epicurious.com is very good too and the Food Network. It's all easier than the cookbooks these days.

#6 ·
My FAVORITE cookbook is America's Test Kitchen Cookbook - everything in there is really good, pretty basic stuff, and great explanations as to why they do things a certain way. Joy of Cooking is my other go to. I make Barefoot Contessa's roast chicken quite often - it is easy as can be. I have also been making an effort to roast vegetables more often b/c you can use them in pasta, pizza, or just eat them! I have only a few cookbooks now, got rid of a bunch years ago because I can find what I want online!

#8 ·
My favorite for healthful food ideas is Deborah Madison'sVegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Even if you are not a vegetarian it gives you lots of ideas on how to prepare things you may not have thought of. You can look inside the book here:

Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone: Deborah Madison: 9780767927475: Amazon.com: Books
Oooh, now that I might enjoy. I might have to break my no new cookbooks rule. I am not even close to a vegetarian but I'd love to find some good vegetarian meals my kids might actually eat. Would this be a good one?

#9 ·
I am not a good cook by any stretch of the imagination. A couple of years ago my sister bought me "The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook: America's Bestselling Step-by-Step Cookbook, with More Than 1,400 Recipes". What I like best about it is that it has a photo of what every recipe is supposed to look like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.